[AddonFlare] XF2 Ignore/Block Essentials [Deleted]

So this addon has not really maintain well and i've already burned 90 bucks with nothing

I think there is a misunderstanding,
Unmaintained: This is an automatically added prefix. But the developer can change this prefix when his product is updated or edit.
I absolutely agree with @Sperber, you may create a ticket so they can keep track of it.

Okay, i just need to clarify one thing. Did this function work with you guys w/out error?

254289-9f7081fe524f7e3f9ec3fa62f559d03a.jpg

Some options may be affected by other add-ons, in this case it would be useful to report the products you've already installed.
To get good support, being constructive will speed up this process. Notify him of any errors you get to get to the root causes of the problem.

As a result, I am sure that @AddonFlare will support you as soon as possible.

This addon was unstable since it was first released and the developer didn't how to solve it on his every releases
The users you have been ignored by someone has been long time ago keep getting errors that was never gets proper fix

You are the only one that has reported these errors, it can be a conflict with a custom template or another add-on you have installed, that doesn't mean the add-on is unstable... We'll continue the debug process through your support ticket.

Unmaintained: This is an automatically added prefix. But the developer can change this prefix when his product is updated or edit.
That's right, it was auto-added for some reason. I've removed the prefix

I managed to get the error solved, however i am wondering some lack of features. It seems has imperfect solution for usergroup who don't have privilege on 2-way ignore feature. This usergroup can't see the whole thread if thread started by someone who they ignored. Did happened on both usergroups who have priviliges to set 2-way ignore or not.

It seems that this setting didn't working at all, even on both users who use 2-way ignore or not.

Snap3.gif

Could you should check again?

Someone has mentioned about this as well. @AddonFlare Your addon seems has unnoticed bug.

Please note that this setting is set untick.

View attachment 255062
Understand what you are asking for. You are completly ignoring that Sportsoutlaw refers to the "force ignore"-function.

I used the force ignore feature on a test member, and it removes threads started by the person I am forcing them to ignore. Is this by design?
And yes, in that use case the function is working as it should and removes all content for both users. Of course that´s by design, as you want to get rid of the hassle with these two people, disturbing your whole forums. One can´t start a fight, when there is no opponent - so you remove everything, that could provide friction between these two people. Please understand how this addon is working. You are using the addon over a year and still missed to read the addons description? ;)

Global Ignore:
Admins can put users in Global Ignore, meaning their content will only be visible to themselves, no one else. (Based on vBulletin's "Tachy Goes to Coventry" feature)

Last edited:
Understand what you are asking for. You are completly ignoring that Sportsoutlaw refers to the "force ignore"-function.

254289-9f7081fe524f7e3f9ec3fa62f559d03a.jpg

Okay, can i ask you a question? Did you purchased this addon? Did above working properly on your board regardless both who got 2-way ignore permission/privilege? Did a user can see a thread created by persons he ignored when above is set ENABLED? Tell me

I've submitted a support ticket about 2 bugs with this plugin but I haven't heard anything back from the developer:

1. Sometimes a forum on the forum list shows "None" in the last poster area if the last poster is a user who I have blocked.
Screenshot from 2021-07-24 16-58-47.png

2. The "What's New" feed has a problem. If the last poster is someone who I block, that thread will disappear from the "What's New" feed completely EVEN if a non-blocked poster has posted just minutes before the user who is blocked.

I'll try to explain this better with an example:

Thread 1
User 1 - Thread 1 started - 12:00pm
User 2 - Replied to thread - 12:01pm
User 3 - Replied to thread - 12:02pm

What's New feed for User 4 without blocking anyone:
Thread 1 - Today at 12:02pm - User 3

What's New feed for User 4 when User 4 has blocked User 3:
Thread 1 is missing completely from the What's New feed, it does not show up!!!!

User 4 should be seeing the following in their What's New feed with User 3 blocked:
Thread 1 - Today at 12:01pm - User 2

This addon confirmed has some few bugs that i've explained before. Opened ticket but seems not helping. I have applied a patch today myself for 2-way ignore.

Top Bottom