Addon License Management

Blackbeard

So I've bought several addons here at xenforo mostly to go ahead and support the developer.
my issue is, I end up buying an addon 2-3 times, when I've already bought it once, and haven't installed it at all beyond a test site. At least a place to see what addons I've purchased, an how to contact the developer for an updated version would be nice.

Just a suggestion.

Purchases aren't handled here on XenForo as there is no payment processing in the RM.

As such, there's no way of knowing which add-ons you have bought.

Keep records, that's what I do.

I totally understand this problem! As Brogan says though, it's best to keep records.

If like me you can be pretty disorganised though, and when it comes to finding the information a year down the line have to search through lots of things (several e-mail accounts, your local file system, etc) to find it then I have an idea for you. It's something I've found invaluable in being able to locate information.

If you create a private forum, and put any relevant info in a separate thread - copy and paste e-mails (I like to include the headers), support contacts, keys, etc, etc. You can then add updates or relevant information into replies. It makes it searchable in the future. If you're not absolutely sure of your website security setup, or there's some information (like license keys) that you don't want to post even to a private forum for security reasons then instead post where you've stored that information (KeePass, LastPass, file name on your computer, etc).

It really does make searching for and finding information down the line - and if you do contact a developer about say a configuration issue and they give you a reply that could be useful in the future, then you've got an easy way to get at it if you need to rebuild / re-install the add on / whatever.

So I've bought several addons here at xenforo mostly to go ahead and support the developer.
my issue is, I end up buying an addon 2-3 times, when I've already bought it once, and haven't installed it at all beyond a test site. At least a place to see what addons I've purchased, an how to contact the developer for an updated version would be nice.

Just a suggestion.
Personally what i do when i buy a add on is click the "Watch this Resource"
Not only does it means i get a email when it gets up dated, it's also a way to see that i already have that add on with it showing right under the buy button.

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 21.18.51.webp

Top Bottom