1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Addon Chat integration issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Lukehitson, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Lukehitson

Lukehitson New Member

Good evening. I recently purchased addonchat for my forum. The add on installed fine with no errors, but when i attempt to sign on to chat i get an error:

Undefined index: hashFunc

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in AddonChat/Model/User.php at line 93
    AddonChat_Model_User->initialize() in AddonChat/Model/User.php at line 61
    AddonChat_Model_User->__construct() in AddonChat/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 93
    AddonChat_ControllerPublic_Index->prepareChat() in AddonChat/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 45
    AddonChat_ControllerPublic_Index->actionPopup() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wiipalsn/public_html/index.php at line 13

I posted a ticket two days ago, with no response. I was wondering if anyone have had an error similar to this or if anyone would have any idea what the heck is going on.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you post a link to that addon?

This appears to be a bug in that addon. I may be able to find a fix for you. Otherwise I suggest downloading an update for the addon or contacting the author.

3. Lukehitson

Lukehitson New Member

Its an official release from addon for xenforo, but for some reason they didn't post it in the resources section here.

Attached Files:

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Did you ever import to XenForo from another forum like vB, IPB, or phpBB?

This addon is hard-coded to use the "Core" auth scheme which uses hashFunc. But if you imported from another forum then it would use a different auth scheme which would explain this error. One fix would be to reset that user's password thereby generating a new auth record with the "Core" scheme. Otherwise this addon needs to be updated to check the auth scheme of the user (contact the author).

5. Lukehitson

Lukehitson New Member

That explains it. I found a way around it that ends up working just fine. Thank you for your help Jake!