1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Integration?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Ruone Delacroix, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Once again, I have a question for all you people itching to help out. Is there going to be a way to integrate a chat (Flashchat, Addon Chat, IRC) to XenForo like we can with other forum software? As obvious as the answer probably is, I'm just wondering what the options are for chatroom programs and XF.

Any ideas?

2. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Hopefully Darren at tufat.com will quickly integrate xf.

3. Mayers

Mayers Member

I'm going to be integrating pjirc chat applet for my site so it pulls the username from xenforo by itself. If someone doesn't release one and there is a demand I'll release mine but it won't be too advanced, and changes (irc server or channel) would all be template based but it would at least get you where you need to be until something more advanced is released by someone.

4. JBlaze

JBlaze Member

I may see if I can integrate AjaxChat or Mibbit IRC into XF. If I'm feeling gracious, I may just develop my own chat software.

5. Facepalmx2

Facepalmx2 Active Member

Hi,

I will be developing an IRC addon for XenForo the moment I get a copy on hand. I will most likely use two or three different scripts (PJIRC[maybe], Mibbit, and lightIRC[specific to vbirc.com]) for the most out of the script.

If you have any specific needs with the modification, please PC me. :)

6. Floris

Floris Guest

It's very easy to drop mibbit to xenforo, vbirc.com will offer the module at some point during october.

7. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Well-Known Member

I already posted a link to XF on the Addonchat support site; used them for years. Hoping for an integration from them!

8. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

Seeing the current state of FlashChat, lack of support, no upgrades, and so on... I highly doubt it.

9. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

addon chat is where it's at.

10. Yeah, a site I'm on has FlashChat and it's buggy as hell. We're looking into some alternatives now.

11. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

I moved from flashchat to addonchat. It took my members a few weeks to make sure java was downloaded...but everyone loves it now.

12. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Does chat take away from the forums?

13. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

I'll be doing a mod for integrating qwebirc, since I'll at least need it heh, which more than likely could easily be adapted to mibbit (ugh).

14. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

In my experience, no. The few instances I have seen this happen is when the forums were added after the fact (e.g., a site primarily focused around live chat later adding discussion forums).