Lack of interest Additional Phrase for reply

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Alluidh

Hi Mike

You're using the XenForo phrase reply in your Ressource Manager. But in the German translation we need another reply here

reply2.webp

as here
reply1.webp

Will there be a change for a new Ressource Manager phrase reply?

Thanks a lot

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That might be reasonable, but not being familiar with German, I don't really understand why. Also, where is that Reply phrase used? On resource reviews?

In the postings, as answering with quote, we don't use repley, we use quote. In the German translation there is +Quote and Quote
In the Ressource Manager you reply without quoting and so reply realy is reply

I'm not sure what is better to change, but for us it's much better to have two phrases. At the moment we use "Quote" in the Ressource Manager and this is wrong.

Why can't you just use "Reply" for posts?

It seems like you use + Quote and Quote through personal preference, whereas your equivalent of + Quote and Reply should work too.

It's worth noting that my personal preference is the same. I made a suggestion a while ago that, in posts, we change Reply to Quote:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/rename-reply-to-quote-in-posts.67187/

As a workaround, for now, you could modify the template and create a custom phrase to get the desired effect.

For me it is not problem to use the workaround, but a lot of customers use my language packages ;)

And you have a like more for your suggestion. If you like you can close this and I hope yours will be implemented ;)

You kind of avoided my question, though.

Why can't you use the equivalent of + Quote and Reply in your language pack?

I've done this 1 1/2 years ago and we had a hard discussion in the German community. All told, and they were right, that quote in postings is the right and correct way of using this phrase. Reply is the correct way for quick reply, but if you are quote, you have to quote. Same here
reply.webp
this is wrong, because you quote ...

It's not completely wrong. It's just personal preference. But, with that in mind, if you translate the text as designed, then it would be correct in the Resource Manager. So, technically, what you're doing is wrong, because it makes the language used in other add-ons wrong.

My honest advice would be to change it in your language pack to Quote / Reply as it is by default. That would arguably be more correct than having "Quote" buttons in various add-ons that actually are "Reply".

Top Bottom