Add-on Adding Tags to threads/posts

I hope 1.2 support this feature. It should be a built-in feature.

It should be for sure, when I ran vBulletin and was adding lets say 10 tags per thread. Later when I checked Google on indexed forum pages, I found I'd more tag pages indexed than threads (obviouslly). Because the ratio was like: 1 thread "to" 10 tags (tag search pages). You get more pages indexed per thread as a result. Has to be a stock feature this, not an addon!

It should be for sure, when I ran vBulletin and was adding lets say 10 tags per thread. Later when I checked Google on indexed forum pages, I found I'd more tag pages indexed than threads (obviously). Because the ratio was like: 1 thread "to" 10 tags (tag search pages). You get more pages indexed per thread as a result. Has to be a stock feature this, not an addon!

Very interesting.
Ten tags per thread seems like *ALOT*

Here is a xenforo site that made their own tagging system :)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tag-cloud-for-xenforo.30098/

However, this site appears to add/edit tags globally, which are then highlighted each time they appear in a post.

What I want (and I suspect what most people who want tags are looking for) is something that allows tags to be added per post. For example, in a police brutality forum, each post has a tag for the state, county, city, police department and each officer and victim involved. Other incidents involving the same departments will add additional tags, and you can search on those tags to retrieve all logged incidents for a particular jurisdiction, department or individual.

That is the type of tagging provided by Blogger, WordPress & vBulletin, and the lack of that type of tagging is holding back a couple of my boards from converting to XenForo. At some point if no suitable tagging is forthcoming in XF, I will probably just convert the police brutality board to WordPress and be done with it.

I should have said per thread, but the image provide implies that the tags are edited globally, not specified per thread.

With the example forum being in Vietnamese, I'll have to wait until it's available as an add-on to really try it.

Top Bottom