XF 1.3 Adding/Removing Fonts?

Barbossa

Hello, How can I add/remove fonts there?

F9XpYVV.png

Uhhhh.. "add font" where?
Searching for add|font I get over 10 pages of returns involving fonts.
Searching for add|fonts in the resources I get 9 pages.

What exactly are you wanting to do?

I want to add a font, just like the same guy in the very beginning of this thread!
?? Same/Same.

Yes, I see days of reading and many posts. Did you find somewhere in your search good instructions for adding a font?
I did not!

None help me! LOL

Just like this thread!

There is no add-on to do this after I spend a long time searching....?

I suggest nobody follow this thread. It go to dead-end. Many poor links to wrong way to do this.

I want to add a font, just like the same guy in the very beginning of this thread!
?? Same/Same.

Yes, I see days of reading and many posts. Did you find somewhere in your search good instructions for adding a font?
I did not!

None help me! LOL

Just like this thread!

There is no add-on to do this after I spend a long time searching....?

I suggest nobody follow this thread. It go to dead-end. Many poor links to wrong way to do this.
I've never done this but reading your comments I decided to take a look. I have to say that the instructions are clear and make perfect sense to me.

I think there is a language barrier here, plus its not helping and you're taking out your frustrations on staff who are only trying to help.

You were told that you'd need an add-on if you didn't want to edit the code yourself. Staff don't know every single add-on in Resources, it's up to us as users to see if there is one or not. If there isn't an add-on and you require one, then you can post a request in this forum.

https://xenforo.com/community/forums/resource-and-add-on-requests.68/

I hope this clarifies things. :)

As @Brogan said @3d Dental don't expect much help from the community with the attitude you have. @Brogan gave you the exact instructions in the other post. It's not his fault or anyone else's in this community if you don't understand what he is trying to tell you.

@Brogan didn't say for sure if there was an addon you just took it that way. If there isn't one available you will need to hire a 3rd part addon developer to create one for you to allow an easier method to install more fonts. Might try @Jon W or @batpool52! and I am sure there are others that can make an addon for you to help you out.

Yes, I think luck is needed for sure!
The instructions are not very clear here at all.
Followed directions..

The font is not in drop-down menu for the text in posts.

But, the font is now default for only name of forum titles?
No, the instructions were written to the level that a sixth grade student could understand it.
First thing you have to do is know the root location of your forum.
Once you determine that, you edit the js/xenforo/bb_code_edit.js file that is off the root of that location.
You then have to edit the file following the instructions outlined in two different posts/resources that have now been provided to you.

Hello people,

First thing I wanna say is.....I understand the instructions, they seem pretty clear to me.

Although I do have 1 question....I have located both files, found the section where I need to add the font code and because I don't know what the minifier is (I did go to the link that @Brogan provided, but I wasn't 100% sure on how to use it properly), so I just went ahead and edited both js files and copied the syntax as per file.

It's added the font to the editor list fine, but I just wanted to make sure that doing it this way is OK? Or does the full js file NEED to be run through a minifier for any reason?

Thank you :)

This was a total fail for me.

I can only see the new font at my PC where the font is loaded into windows. So, it kinda worked....?

No other PC or mobile device can see the new font unless that PC too has the font loaded in Windows.

Waste of time and I quit trying.

(sigh....) :(

It works fine... as long as you have followed the instructions that show how to load the WEB font (and yes, it has to be a web font - it can't be regular desktop font) via the CSS and then edit the .js file as instructed. Worked fine on my iPhone, my iPad, and my Android tablet/phone.

I wanted BORG9 font.

I guess it is not a web font??

Don't care about any other fonts to add at the moment.

IMO, need a better solution to add more, exciting fonts.

Everything else looks the same, plain-Jane crap to me?

borg-9-font-5-big.jpeg

Looks like it is a desktop only font direct from them
This font includes a license that allows free commercial use: sometimes referred to as a desktop license. This allows you to install the font on a computer and use it to create posters, web graphics, game graphics, t-shirts, videos, signs, logos and more. Read the license agreement for details.

If you'd like to embed this font in an app, ebook, on the web or anything that's not covered by the desktop license agreement, visit the link below. You'll find distributors who offer different types of licenses or you can contact me for help.

The web font version of it can be obtained from
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/typodermic/borg-nine/webfont_preview.html
or
http://www.fontspring.com/fonts/typodermic/borg-nine

Well, it makes sense that you can't use a desktop font for web related features. Two different critters. The process works if you use the right font.

Thanks, but I am done.

Threw in the towel and said"F-it"....enough wasted time.

Not fun.

Lol, you asked this at 8:01PM

I wanted BORG9 font.

I guess it is not a web font??

Don't care about any other fonts to add at the moment.

IMO, need a better solution to add more, exciting fonts.

Everything else looks the same, plain-Jane crap to me?

@Tracy Perry gave you the answer you've been looking for and where to obtain it at 8:05PM and NOW you're done?

Hahaha :D

Sorry but that made me laugh.

I know things can get frustrating sometimes, and it can seem like you're not getting the answers that you want, but it's more than likely a lack of understanding on your part.

People here try their best to help, and the "wasted time" that you mention, isn't wasted time at all, it's time that you are spending to LEARN something.

Learning takes time, it's not wasted. Persevere with it and you'll find that the answers you've been getting are the usually the answers that you're after all along. Like I say, it's generally a lack of understanding on your part.

6 months ago I knew nothing about code, literally nothing. I taught myself HTML, CSS, some JS and a bit of PHP. Do I understand all of it? Hell NO. Could I get pissed off and frustrated with it? Hell YEAH!

Do I?.......No.

Why? Because it's me that has to take the time to learn about it. I've spent months learning these things and still only know the basics, my site is coming along slowly, do I wish it was done immediately? You're damn right I do. Is it gonna be? Nope. I could quite easily say I've been wasting my time because my site hasn't come that far along, but it's came along a damn lot further than it would've done if I had just "Thrown in the towel". You need crack on with it, people can and WILL help you where they can, but they won't if all you do is get s.hitty.

Have I asked for help on here? Yes.

Do I get it? Yes.

Do I always understand what they're going on about? God No.

Do I get pissed off with them because I don't understand? No.

Look, I'm saying all this because I've read some of your other posts and you seem to be taking your frustrations out on the very people that are trying to help you and it's not their fault. Plus, despite your attitude, people have still taken time out of their day to find the information that YOU want. At least say thank you and then go take a look for yourself.

Seems to me, @Tracy Perry has found the info you want/need.

So go and get it done, then come back and say thank you to everyone that has tried to help you.

:)

Looks like it is a desktop only font direct from them

The web font version of it can be obtained from
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/typodermic/borg-nine/webfont_preview.html
or
http://www.fontspring.com/fonts/typodermic/borg-nine

Hello TP,

Just because the pic of borg9 I googled came from there does not mean that is where I actually downloaded it from. OK?

I just did a quick google image search and linked that pic here.

That is not where I originally found the font.

I have been using this font for a decade to type the name of a business of mine.

Richard.......as I said.

I am done trying. Thanks for your inspirational post.

You should be a motivational speaker if not already One. :D

I know when to stop. Spent waaay to much time trying to add a font to have it fail.

Just trying to prevent others the same misery.

GG-23.jpg

Hello TP,

Just because the pic of borg9 I googled came from there does not mean that is where I actually downloaded it from. OK?
It's a DESKTOP font by default - unless you use the service that gives you it as a web font. Otherwise, what you have done is violated the license agreement of said font. I'm pretty sure that's the authors link.
Here is the link to his licensing page for his fonts that he has created: http://typodermicfonts.com/license/

Now, the question is were you talking a similar font or that one specifically. If specifically that one, then the "embedding" is handled via another path - and those two links explain it.
You may be able to find a similar font for free in Google Fonts... but if insisting on the BORG-9 one, then you will have to comply with their licensing agreement to use it on a website.

Top Bottom