• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 2.0 Adding new page to Navigation?

RobParker

What's the correct procedure for creating a new page and adding it to it's own navigation tab?

At the minute it seems a little confusing.

If I create the Node first it asks for the Navigation Section but that doesn't exist yet.

If instead I got to create the Navigation tab first it asks for the node which doesn't exist yet.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
If you want a node to have its own navigation tab, then you create the node first, then you create the node type navigation entry.

If you want a node to activate an existing navigation entry (e.g. if for some reason you wanted a forum to activate the Members tab) then you set that on the node directly.

RobParker

When creating a page you have these options

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 00.01.38.png

Say I want this page to have it's own navigation section what do I do? Create the forum but leave it as default. Then go create the navigation and then come back and change the nav section to the newly created one?

Kirby

Yes, but choose the "node" type. That takes care of everything else.
Hmm, this does not seem to work for me (on Beta 1).
I still have to got back to Edit Forum and set the Navigation Section after creating the navigation if I want the tab to be activated when accessing content within the subtree of the node.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
You know, you might be right... I thought the default selection was inferred by the fact that it was a node type. Either I'm wrong, or there's a regression there. I actually think I might be wrong, though we'll look into it.

So, indeed @Kirby was correct :)