XF 2.0 Adding More Smilies / Emojis

jokeroo

Hi everyone, we just ported our forums from vbulletin to Xenforo, but our numbers are up in arms because they want all the smilies they had before. Is there any addons where we can add more emojis/smilies?

You can add any smilies you wish via the interface in the ACP.

You can do them manually or by importing an xml file or from a directory on the server.

You're unlikely to find an xml file to suit your specific needs.

You will need to manually create the smilies you want, to match what you had in VB.

When a smilie is pulled from another forums site via a source link, does the file upload to my xenforo host for future use by our members or is it pulled from the other site's source link each time?

Thanks in advance.
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

For what it's worth, I was hoping the migration script would have mapped more smilies than it did. Here's a couple examples that I mapped myself:
:roll_eyes:
:rotfl:

It's nice that the admin console lets me map them myself, but I wish I didn't have to.

Also, it'd be nice if the admin console let me map shortcodes to the Unicode value rather than have to upload an image. For instance, in my old forum there were a lot of instances of :gopray: which should be mapped to the unicode character 🙏. It would have been really slick to map :gopray: to U+1F64F in the admin console, rather than find an image, resize it, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom