1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Adding content to a newly created tab?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by sunnytimeshere, Oct 22, 2014.

1. sunnytimeshere

sunnytimeshere New Member

I managed to create a new tab but how do I add content to it? I'm trying to make a FAQ tab but I can't figure out how to add the page content to the tab. Thx.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How did you create the tab?
    What does it link to?

If you want to create a page with content you can create a Page node or a custom help page.

3. sunnytimeshere

4. Brogan

You link the tab to the page node URL using xen:link.

5. sunnytimeshere

Brogan is there a manual for dummies? I've looked through the manual listed in your sig but I can't find reference to this or other very detailed questions I have. For example...I don't understand what xen:link means...

6. Brogan

As per the example in that thread, you would use something like: <a href="{xen:link pages/page-name/}" class="navLink">{xen:phrase my_title}</a>

You can substitute the phrase for hard coded text.

7. sunnytimeshere

OK I tried it. It didn't exactly work but it did give me the links to the help and contact me pages. So I made them into a category at the bottom and removed the tab at the top. That's a newbie work-around I guess. Thx for help.

8. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

is this what you are after?

sunnytimeshere likes this.
  9. sunnytimeshere

Thank you, yes that video was helpful! I was able to create a new tab but got stuck adding content to it.

10. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member