Duplicate  Adding Blogging feature to XF

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteTiger

With our current vB forum we have the options to Blog our personal experiences. I was curious as to whether this can be included or added to the XF forum.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's been discussed numerous times :).

Personally I REALLY hope to be able to do this via a bridge between XF and WordPress (3.x) which would provide both CMS *AND* blog functionality if you turn on multi-user in the WP configuration.

Seriously, WP is the industrial gold standard for a blogging solution and works excellently well as the sort of CMS that the vast majority of folks are looking for. Let WP (and the 10,000 + themes and and 11,000 + plugins) handle that functionality and let Mike and Kier focus on what they do best: The forum. It's a win/win for everyone. XF and WP even share the same editor! :)

Thanks for the information. I did a search and it didn't turn up anything. I am not sure how WP would work with our current Blog/vBulletin set-up. I am hoping our Website administrator-technician is able to work out this issue.

Thanks for the information. I did a search and it didn't turn up anything. I am not sure how WP would work with our current Blog/vBulletin set-up. I am hoping our Website administrator-technician is able to work out this issue.

I believe there is a third party mod that provides a bridge between vBulletin and WordPress.

Just checking the nifty admin search for widgets ....

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/vbulletin-reader/

There's actually a number of them available.

Don't mention it, glad to help, convert to Xen and join the in crowd LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom