1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Adding Blogging feature to XF

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by WhiteTiger, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger Member

With our current vB forum we have the options to Blog our personal experiences. I was curious as to whether this can be included or added to the XF forum.

2. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

It's been discussed numerous times :).

Personally I REALLY hope to be able to do this via a bridge between XF and WordPress (3.x) which would provide both CMS *AND* blog functionality if you turn on multi-user in the WP configuration.

Seriously, WP is the industrial gold standard for a blogging solution and works excellently well as the sort of CMS that the vast majority of folks are looking for. Let WP (and the 10,000 + themes and and 11,000 + plugins) handle that functionality and let Mike and Kier focus on what they do best: The forum. It's a win/win for everyone. XF and WP even share the same editor! :)

3. WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger Member

Thanks for the information. I did a search and it didn't turn up anything. I am not sure how WP would work with our current Blog/vBulletin set-up. I am hoping our Website administrator-technician is able to work out this issue.

4. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

I believe there is a third party mod that provides a bridge between vBulletin and WordPress.

Just checking the nifty admin search for widgets ....

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/vbulletin-reader/

There's actually a number of them available.

Don't mention it, glad to help, convert to Xen and join the in crowd LOL

5. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.