XF 1.2 Added "Rules & Posting Guidelines" To Navbar

ViciousGnome

Hello, and thank you for trying to assist me.

I edited the Navbar, adding "Rules & Posting Guidelines", along with a link to the new page. I did so by going to:

I added this code:

<li><a href="http://www.xdebate.com/pages/rules/">Rules & Posting Guidelines</a></li>

to this code:

<xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
<xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
<li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/forums'}">{xen:phrase watched_forums}</a></li>
<li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li>
</xen:if>
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>

<<<<<AFOREMENTIONED CODE ADDED HERE>>>>>

I saved, and it worked.

I then tried to do the exact same thing for another style, and nothing shows up. I am CERTAIN that I edited the navigation template in the NEW STYLE as opposed to the old style. What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks again.

Hello, and thank you for trying to assist me.

I edited the Navbar, adding "Rules & Posting Guidelines", along with a link to the new page. I did so by going to

It would help if you would use the code button to actually insert the code in the editor instead of pasting it as text. As you can see, when you don't, some stuff converts to smileys. ;)

It would help if you would use the code button to actually insert the code in the editor instead of pasting it as text. As you can see, when you don't, some stuff converts to smileys. ;)
I'm very sorry. Still new to all of this. I'll try again. To be honest, I don't even know what the "code" button is, but I'm guessing its one of those icons in the posting options above.

Code:
<xen:edithint template="navigation.css" />
<!-- forums -->
        <xen:if is="{$tabs.forums}">
            <li class="navTab forums {xen:if $tabs.forums.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">

<a href="{$tabs.forums.href}" class="navLink">{$tabs.forums.title}</a>
                <a href="{$tabs.forums.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>
                <div class="tabArrow">
                    <span class="arrow"><span></span></span>
                </div>

<div class="{xen:if {$tabs.forums.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'} forumsTabLinks">
                    <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                        <h3>{$tabs.forums.title}</h3>
                        <div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
                    </div>
                    <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
                            <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/forums'}">{xen:phrase watched_forums}</a></li>
                            <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>

<li><a href="http://www.xdebate.com/pages/rules/">Rules & Posting Guidelines</a></li>

</xen:hook>
                    </ul>
                </div>
            </li>

<!-- extra tabs: middle -->
        <xen:if is="{$extraTabs.middle}">
        <xen:foreach loop="$extraTabs.middle" key="$extraTabId" value="$extraTab">
            <xen:if is="{$extraTab.linksTemplate}">
                <li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">

<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}<xen:if is="{$extraTab.counter}"><strong class="itemCount"><span class="Total">{$extraTab.counter}</span><span class="arrow"></span></strong></xen:if></a>
                <a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>
                <div class="tabArrow">
                    <span class="arrow"><span></span></span>
                </div>

<div class="{xen:if {$extraTab.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'} {$extraTabId}TabLinks">
                    <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                        <h3>{$extraTab.title}</h3>
                        <div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
                    </div>
                    {xen:raw $extraTab.linksTemplate}
                </div>
            </li>
            <xen:else />
                <li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'PopupClosed'}">
                    <a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}</a>
                    <xen:if is="{$extraTab.selected}"><div class="tabLinks"></div></xen:if>
                </li>
        </xen:foreach>

Top Bottom