XF 2.2 Add wordpress to an existing Xenforo forum as a homepage

Sanmu

Hi guys,

There is any simple solution to add a wordpress blog to an existing xenforo forum and keep user data sys? Now xenforo is at www.xxxxx.com the main directory.

Requirments:
1. Wordpress as a homepage
2. Xenforo forum maybe need to be moved from "/" to "/forum". There is any way to keep both wordpress and xenforo's URL at main directory "/" without move xenforo to "/forum"? If xenforo forum should be moved to"/forum", It should do harm to the seo, any link redirect and seo solution?

Everything I want to achieve is to build a website like 4pda.to or 4pda version without put forum at "/forum"directory. Homepage based on wordpress should be only allow admins to post articles. Forum registers can comment to articles.

If there is anyone who can help, how much would it cost for the service? I saw there are kinds of plugins here, but I can not fully understand if they can do this for me.

2. XenPorta

3. Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress https://xenforo.com/community/resources/article-and-forum-connect-xenforo-and-wordpress.8405/

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Hi @Sanmu, thanks for the consideration!

XFtoWP currently offers the abilities to replace WP comments with XF thread replies and also user syncing on registration. Once you have the layout of your homepage established (that is WP theme territory) each post can be connected to a thread for the comments feature to work.

2. Xenforo forum maybe need to be moved from "/" to "/forum". There is any way to keep both wordpress and xenforo's URL at main directory "/" without move xenforo to "/forum"? If xenforo forum should be moved to"/forum", It should do harm to the seo, any link redirect and seo solution?
I'm pretty sure it's not possible to include both in the same directory as each has its own rewrite rules that will conflict with each other. You are better off using separate directories.

My team and I are for hire if you are looking for a full XF and WP setup, feel free to private message me for more details.

Top Bottom