1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Add unsubscribe from emails/unwatch topic links in notification emails

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Brogan, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Currently the email notifications for watched topics just contains a link to the last post since the topic was last viewed.

It would be nice if there were was stop receiving email notifications link for the topic and also an unwatch topic link.

erich37, Koiranpentu, Walter and 7 others like this.
  2. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

I totally agree. This was one of the first things I noticed that I missed in the email-notifications. It is a real pain to go to http://xenforo.com/community/watch/threads/all and then to manually have to check which threads have email-notifications to be able to disable those notifications.

I fully support this request. In fact, I am gonna to open a new one.... wanted to do it earlier, but your suggestions reminded me.

3. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

4. invisible

invisible New Member

we need this

5. invisible

invisible New Member

in email, unsubscribe option should be sent.

HydraulicJack likes this.
  6. HydraulicJack

HydraulicJack Well-Known Member

Most definitely, since it's part of the CanSpam guidelines.

Does anyone have a link to a method for implementing this when we send emails to all registered users?
    They need to be give an easy link to opt out of those emails.
    Thanks!

7. nrep

nrep Well-Known Member

Another vote for this. It seems only fair to be able to subscribe from mailings with a click, as it can be quite hard to log in, find the right settings and unsubscribe for some users - so instead they mark e-mails as "junk", which will eventually inform anti-spam engines that mailings from site x are spam and block them for others.

8. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Another vote as well...

This will also be good with those bounced e-mails I get from time to time, as an admin it would be nice to click a link and unsubscribe them.

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Implemented in 1.2.

Coop1979 and AlexT like this.