Duplicate add System comment to replays as vbConnect

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
StackOverflow is also structured differently than a forum thread. I personally hate the idea of it within threads and posts.

StackOverflow is also structured differently than a forum thread. I personally hate the idea of it within threads and posts.
True, instead of categories they use tags. Regardless, one size does not always fit all. Imagine the win if a forum software broke the mold and offered a variety of forum functionality like what's available on Stackoverflow, among other communities that build their own software.

Well I meant more of how Stack Overflow structures its "threads". Each post is meant to stand on its own and is ordered by community / asker approval. The comments on each post in that model is more appropriate since any reply is meant to be with that self contained "discussion". Versus a forum who's discussion is a linear progression of back and forth.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be implemented, I'm just saying I hate the idea.

Well I meant more of how Stack Overflow structures its "threads". Each post is meant to stand on its own and is ordered by community / asker approval. The comments on each post in that model is more appropriate since any reply is meant to be with that self contained "discussion". Versus a forum who's discussion is a linear progression of back and forth.
That's true - the structure of that is different from your typical forum. However, such an implementation would be quite easy and involve very little changes to the underlying architecture.

but should not be part of the core.
Why? Because you don't want to use it?

Based on the poll results, not many people would use it.
Not everybody votes on forum polls, especially those made by people who don't represent the business.. I didn't even know that poll existed and I would assume many other XenForo customers didn't either, so to use that as a basis for your argument makes it, well, invalid.

Id rather see development cycles spent on features that many people would actually use.
:rolleyes:

Not everybody votes on forum polls, especially those made by people who don't represent the business.. I didn't even know that poll existed and I would assume many other XenForo customers didn't either, so to use that as a basis for your argument makes it, well, invalid.

Its valid. On numerous occasions, XF staff have said that feedback plays a role in which new features are added. As of this post, no one has liked this thread and two people have liked this one.

Top Bottom