Add SMS registration

I guess I am too old ...

Could you explain a bit in more detail how "SMS registration" should work?
Is SMS even being used that much by now? (I though mose users use things like WhatsApp et al).

I guess I am too old ...

Could you explain a bit in more detail how "SMS registration" should work?
Is SMS even being used that much by now? (I though mose users use things like WhatsApp et al).
As example in Uber you don't have username nor password. You have simply given only phone number, and everytime you want to login you get an sms.
Same as with whatsapp, if you register first time, you can't chose again username nor password, you get a simple sms for login.

@fingon but those SMS cost money, you would have to pay a provider for every SMS which got send for registration. You have most chance to get your feature if you are willing to pay, if you write one of those providers, if they wan't to program a plugin for xenforo.

As example in Uber you don't have username nor password. You have simply given only phone number, and everytime you want to login you get an sms.
Same as with whatsapp, if you register first time, you can't chose again username nor password, you get a simple sms for login.

@fingon but those SMS cost money, you would have to pay a provider for every SMS which got send for registration. You have most chance to get your feature if you are willing to pay, if you write one of those providers, if they wan't to program a plugin for xenforo.
I'm living in China ,and will pay 0.1RMB(0.015usd) for 1 sms for Alibaba Cloud or Tencent Cloud SMS service.
I think this price is acceptable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom