XF 2.1 Add Promotion Question - From $1 Trial To Registered Group?

I'm using amember to handle payments on my forum. I want to offer a $1 trial for my forums for 7 days. I read somewhere that I have to add all users to the registered user group but in amember I can only select 1 user group to put them into when they buy. So, would the following setup work for adding a $1 trial user to the registered user group on xenforo's end? I'm thinking this would take the default settings for the registered usergroup and add in the permissions I put for the trial user group permissions in xenforo...

Attachments

• trial add to registered.webp
    trial add to registered.webp
    38 KB · Views: 2
I suspect you will have to duplicate the permissions across user groups due to how they do it.

You will need to ask amember though as they do things in a non standard (for XF) way and I am not familiar with it.

There's only one option in amember to add to to one usergroup when they pay for the product. (Which sucks).

I did read in the manual that "When a new user registers, they will always be put in the registered group automatically. "

So if I added them to a $1 trial user group from amember would xenforo automatically put them in the registered user group for me? (And keep them in the $1 trial user group).usergroup.webp

I'm not asking about amember, I'm asking about xenforo.

In the xenforo manual it says this:

"When a new user registers, they will always be put in the registered group automatically. "

So if they register and are put in a different user group will they automatically be added to the registered user group?

This is a xenforo question. AND amember told me to ask support here so now I'm being bounced back and forth between two companies.

I wish one could just answer instead of passing the buck to the other.

I guess the solution is to run tests myself since neither company will give a straight answer.

So if they register and are put in a different user group will they automatically be added to the registered user group?
They wouldn't be put in a different user group when registering via XF, they would be put in the Registered user group.

For any questions related to how registration works via amember, you will need to ask them.

Yep heard you the first time.

Just for anyone else who hits this wall. Whatever usergroup you add them from in amember becomes the primary usergroup in xenforo. So you have to duplicate the permissions in the user group you create.

I tried doing a promotion from the $1 trial to the registered user group but that is clunky as the cron only runs once an hour and then the registered user group is the secondary group anyway so that doesn't work in this situation.

My solution was to duplicate the permissions from the registered user group to my $1 trial user group then add them to the $1 trial from amember to xenforo via the plugin. This is similar to how vbulletin operates.

You can close this thread if you want.

Top Bottom