Lack of interest Add Parler Share Button

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

frm

Please add Parler to the supported options in ACP > Setup > Options > Sharing in the same manner that Twitter is (removing via/related) in that there is a popup on a desktop view with the title and link to the current page.

This would be the share link for this suggestion:
https://parler.com/new-post?message...unity/threads/add-parler-share-button.188567/

As there is no support for Parler in Font Awesome, this would need to be packaged with the core (for the time being) as well.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That would be great to add Parler. Wish I knew how to do it.
I'll probably end up doing it myself until it's core as Parler use is surging in the wake of the U.S. elections.

It'll be a template modification in resources when and if it can be completed in the manner suggested above (remember to upvote it if you agree with it being core though).

No matter how many upvotes this gets, it's not likely to be added to the core because I don't think XenForo will add another font specifically for Parler. This might not be added to FontAwesome anytime soon due to the branding fee of $3000. And if Parler does ante it up, it may be likely that they are denied anyway due to the values Fonticons, Inc. may share with other corporations that make up Big Tech as well as the media.

So, I put this together and it's on my site(s) now:

Any questions can be asked in the resource and I'll try and help out.

@Peterpapas76 & @Sportsoutlaw

Thanks for the resource. I added it to my site and it works great! I even found a blogger's website that showed how to add the "follow" and "share" buttons on Wordpress. Got them up and can't wait to use them.

Thank you again!

Top Bottom