1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Add-ons don't work for me

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by UEG Immunity, Jan 28, 2012.

1. UEG Immunity

UEG Immunity Member

whenever i install the files it gives me (look below). I upload the files to the forum root but then it asks me if i want to replace the existing folder since the "library" folder already exists please help

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Set your FTP program to merge the directories.

3. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

You must be doing something wrong copying the files over.
    You have to click overwrite if asked.

Also, don't forget that addons must be copied into the /library folder.

Feel free to read the Official XenForo Manual on how to Install addons: http://xenforo.com/help/add-ons/

4. UEG Immunity

UEG Immunity Member

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'dark_taigachat' already exists
    1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 110
    4. Dark_TaigaChat_Install->_installVersion1() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 83
    5. Dark_TaigaChat_Install::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
    6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
    8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/uegimmun/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

5. UEG Immunity

UEG Immunity Member

i'm not overwriting

6. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

You should upload the add on files inside the root of your forum folder preserving the structure intact.

It looks like the dark_taigachat table already exists at your database. Try to delete it and give the installer another go.