add-on to help forum be responsive?

zoldos

Are there any add-ons for 1.5.x to help the forum work better on mobile? I can't change my theme as it is custom modded, so I'm looking for an add-on. Thanks!

Not to mention that almost no developer supports or offers actively XF 1 addons, even 2.1 is seen as outdated by now from the official XF team, you won't find such an addon I believe. I don't remember having seen such an addon because it was not needed as the software is mobile friendly out of the box.

And even if such an addon existed, I don't think it can magically make a custom modded non-responsive theme mobile friendly as it is custom made and won't follow normal things.

Also, like what were you thinking in custom modding a theme which is not responsive? Like isn't it the first rule to make sure the custom mod works responsively?

Not that you asked for an advice, but if I can do so, I would suggest you to upgrade to 2.2. No theme in the world is worth it, nobody cares. Of course if you have other custom stuff like scripts and addons, then it is a different thing. Then you should hire a css-guru and customize your custom mod again to make it responsive. Nobody would do that for free or write an addon for something which is in the core.

Good luck.

I do see the "responsive" settings in Style Properties, and it is set correctly, but one of my users said he is having issues on mobile. He's the only one so far that mentioned it, and I told him I'd look into it. :) I have over 50 add-ons, most of which do not have a XF 2.2 version, including my gallery which has almost 100,000 pictures/videos. My theme/templates are extremely custom modded. Heck, I don't even remember how I did some of the mods. I briefly tried XF 2.2 and could not even figure out the templates since it appears completely different. I also can't afford a new license anyway.

I'm not too worried about it. My forum is flourishing, and I see no need to spend hundreds of dollars for custom work/a new license just for the sake of one member out of 3000+.

Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: sbj
Well it sounded like you needed heavily help. If it is just 1 user, then find out what the problem is and ask here for help like "how can I make this specific thing x responsive" also by linking to your forum. And people might give you a hand. But if you can't provide anything specific or don't want to share your url or want to upgrade your board, well, good luck :).

Well it sounded like you needed heavily help. If it is just 1 user, then find out what the problem is and ask here for help like "how can I make this specific thing x responsive" also by linking to your forum. And people might give you a hand. But if you can't provide anything specific or don't want to share your url or want to upgrade your board, well, good luck :).
It's all good. I figured it wouldn't be an easy task, and I told the member I'd look into it, already figuring the answer would be no. lol Thanks anyway! :D

Reactions: sbj
Top Bottom