1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on that tells you when add-ons have been updated?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by flowerpot132, Sep 2, 2015.

1. flowerpot132

flowerpot132 Formerly mugtree

Is there a way to get an email when an add-on you have installed has been updated and new version added?
  2. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Watch the resource with email notifications enabled.
    Thomas.B and HWS like this.
  3. ForumCube

ForumCube Active Member

I don't think that's possible with any add-on as XF guideline not allow callbacks plus there is no system that can check the version from server.

So as @Daniel Hood suggested, you should consider watching the installed resource with email enabled. Which works quite good actually.
  4. James

James Well-Known Member

Callbacks are allowed they just have to be declared in the addon description.

Regarding an addon: I thought the install & upgrade addons (Chris D & Waindigo) allow remote install of updates? Won't those addons be suitable?
  5. ForumCube

ForumCube Active Member

@James, I think the request was about all installed Extension - not by any specific author. The same way how Wordpress plugin notifications works.
  6. James

James Well-Known Member

My comment still stands; their addons will allow you to upgrade any installed addons.
  7. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

this will let you know if add-ons need updates.