Add-on that allows a thread to be submitted to a queue for review?

I currently run a forum that holds writing contests every couple of weeks. How the system currently works is that when a member has completed writing in their thread, they go to another thread (that is the official "Review Queue" thread) and submit a link to their topic so that we know it is completed and ready to be reviewed.

I was curious if there is a function/add-on available for Xenforo that would have a button in each thread they can click on (or perhaps a tag that be added) that automatically puts the thread in some sort of moderation queue.

Thanks for any suggestions!

XF has an option to moderate all new threads on a per forum basis.

Yes but how ?

I tried in your demo facility and couldn't see how that works. Also, I created a thread, posted a report then logged in as admin. I was expecting a panel in the RHS above new posts etc to have a summary of reports etc, including newly reported items. Very hard to see how I finally found that page and I couldn't easily find it the 2nd time even.

I'd also like an ability to set permissions - eg if a user was a new user, threads get moderated, with the ability as an Admin to give permission to users to post without moderation.

Maybe an option to only moderate new threads with images etc or other rules, eg by IP address region so posters from odd bits of the world need moderation, local nations don't.

Yes but how ?
It's the "Moderate new threads posted in this forum" option when you create a forum. This would only happen on submission though (so they'd just only submit the thread to that forum when ready.)

Also, I created a thread, posted a report then logged in as admin. I was expecting a panel in the RHS above new posts etc to have a summary of reports etc, including newly reported items. Very hard to see how I finally found that page and I couldn't easily find it the 2nd time even.
As a moderator, there should be a link into the reports system on every page in the header:
upload_2016-8-8_10-17-35.webp
The count goes red when there are reports to handle.

I'd also like an ability to set permissions - eg if a user was a new user, threads get moderated, with the ability as an Admin to give permission to users to post without moderation.
You can do something along these lines with promotions, though I don't know how granular your idea is. See the example here: https://xenforo.com/help/user-group-promotions/

Maybe an option to only moderate new threads with images etc or other rules, eg by IP address region so posters from odd bits of the world need moderation, local nations don't.
You can do some content-based filtering using the "spam phrases" option, but there's no IP-based elements beyond IP banning.

Can you set it so that reported threads go into a daily email ?
There's no option to do this.

Top Bottom