A few things that I think would be really helpful for developers, but prove me if I am wrong, sometimes there are several add on that are required to be installed for a single add on. So a few things I think would be nice.
1) Create a hash mechanism based on specific add on information to keep add on unique across the board. So when an add on is installed or installing that it checks for it's dependency add on
2) Create the ability to have child add on parenting on top of a major add on. With the new 1.2 XenForo you can really go a lot on expanding the add on system now to a point where it makes developers easier to expand add on and if not expand other add on without to much work. In this purpose, our system concept is we have and needing to expand a major add on with some additional features. So example:
Not everyone would want specific features and having more features sometimes can make an add on really big, so if people we're able to pick what features they wanted for a specific major add on with creating child add on that go with those add on.
Contact Information Add On
- Display Name (minor add on) capability of changing the username with a display name such as "Nickname, First Name, Last Name, Full Name, Email, Username etc."
- First Name, Last Name
- Middle Name
- Address, Address 2, Address 3 etc.
- State, City, Country, Zip
Each one of these could be minor add on that would depend on the "Contact Information Add On" allowing you to expand what you want, and install what you want without hardly any work.