1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on: Display Likes Given (similar to Likes Received)

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by calorie, Oct 8, 2010.

1. calorie

calorie Active Member

This add-on shows you the 'likes' you have given to other members. Its display is similar to what you see when you look at your 'likes' received. The code is from the XF 'likes' received code with some modifications to get it to show 'likes' given by you to other members. This add-on has been tested and no bugs were found, but no guarantees it is bug free (with me being new with working with XF and all). If you have problems, just post them and I'll see if I can work them out, but please be patient when waiting for a response. Thanks and enjoy. :)

This add-on was requested here. Thanks to Dismal Shadow for the following screenshot.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. RvG

RvG Active Member

hi sir, any snapshots? :)

3. calorie

calorie Active Member

Nope, maybe someone else can post some, but it looks like the 'likes' received page except it displays the 'likes' you've given. :)

4. Dismal Shadow

Dismal Shadow Active Member

Sure, here it is.

Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 12.37.07 AM.png

RvG likes this.
  5. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Great little mod, works very nicely thanks :).

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Calorie, I may be missing it, but how'd you add Likes Given to the sidebar of the user control panel?

7. Jeremy

Nevermind, I found it. XenForo really needs template hooks or something.

8. CFodder

Hey King, how did you manage to do that? I'd like to be able to as well ta :)

9. calorie

calorie Active Member

Two template edits are contained in the readme file inside the zip archive that is attached to the first post in this thread.

10. Jeremy

I noticed that after I posted. That's something that should be changed, because template edits are horrible.

11. mcbrfoss

mcbrfoss New Member

Nice add-on release, however there is one small bug.

upload/library/LikesGiven/ViewPublic/Account/Likes.php

Line 17, 3rd parameter.

Should be..

12. calorie

calorie Active Member

Thanks but the $size = 's' assigns 's' to $size which then gets passed to getLikeeAvatarFilePath so it's okay, but if you want to change it to just 's' instead, you can but you don't need to make that change. :)

13. CFodder

Sorry my bad, I slightly misread what King did, was trying to have it so could the the number of likes given. Is that possible btw?

14. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

thats great

15. Dismal Shadow

Dismal Shadow Active Member

To add a navigation menu:

Open Templates -> navigation

Find:
    Code:
    <!-- help -->
           <xen:if is="{$tabs.help}">
    Add above:
    Code:
    <!-- likesgiven -->

<li class="navTab likes PopupClosed"><a href="{xen:link account/likes-given}" class="navLink">Likes Given</a></li>

16. Floris

Floris Guest

Great add-on, will consider adding this to the next beta or rc on xenfans

17. jacko

jacko Active Member

this should be a core functionality of xenforo...

Hyperion and CFodder like this.
  18. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I agree

19. high1976

high1976 Active Member

issue: its trying to grab an avatar for those who don't have one which result in empty icons instead default userpic and filling the errorlog with requests to not existing avatars. Any chance to fix this? ;)