Fixed Add missing YouTube match url

Naz

XenForo developer
Staff member
YouTube BBCode Media Site is missing the following match url.

Code:
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v={$id}

I have these configured.

Code:
youtube.com/watch?v={$id}
youtube.com/v/{$id}
youtu.be/{$id}
youtube.com/*/u/*/{$id}
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v={$id}
youtube.com/user/*/{$id}
youtube.com/embed/{$id}
youtube.com/playlist?list={$id}
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list={$id}&v=
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v={$id}
youtube.com/watch?list={$id}&v=
m.youtube.com/watch&v={$id}
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v={$id}

At some point in time I have had to configure each additional one due to embedding not working for particular URLs.

I think this list is sufficient:
Code:
youtube.com/watch?v={$id}
youtube.com/watch?*&v={$id}
youtube.com/v/{$id}
youtu.be/{$id}
youtube.com/*/u/*/{$id}
youtube.com/user/*/{$id}
youtube.com/embed/{$id}
A couple of the entries in @Brogan's list seem to be duplicates (the m.youtube.com ones) or point to playlists rather than videos which need different embed code (list={$id}).

I've updated the default URLs (on a new install) to handle this, though I can't actually generate many URLs other than what would match the first one (youtube.com/watch?v={$id}) or the "short" link.

Updating the URLs on upgrade is actually rather difficult as people can and do modify them (and some add-ons do as well). Changes such as this can trigger errors. Given that I'm not actually seeing these URLs in the wild (any more?), I'm not sure it's necessary as part of the upgrade, though I could be persuaded if their use is common.

I've updated the default URLs (on a new install) to handle this, though I can't actually generate many URLs other than what would match the first one (youtube.com/watch?v={$id}) or the "short" link.

Updating the URLs on upgrade is actually rather difficult as people can and do modify them (and some add-ons do as well). Changes such as this can trigger errors. Given that I'm not actually seeing these URLs in the wild (any more?), I'm not sure it's necessary as part of the upgrade, though I could be persuaded if their use is common.
Maybe a sql query to revert youtube media ?
Can you please provide?

Top Bottom