Add Indicator after node title

Add Indicator after node title

how do we do the same in the forum list next to the thread title when there are new posts ? i mean replacing the small blue icon which takes u to first unread ?

@Shelley what would I need to do in order to bump that indicator UP one or two pixels? I'm trying to get the bottom of the NEW container to line up with the bottom of the board title to the left, rather than being a bit below like it is right now

sometimes if the subforum is too long.. it wont display right.. if you have it showing on node.. it will have the red color.. or just the word "n" .. like that

Well, in that case he's in the wrong thread + he needs to improve his arrow drawing skills.
I didn't draw any arrows, i just did a print screen of the image thats posted for this add-on. I didn't edit that image at all. It seems only one person under stood my post, so in the future ill be sure to simplify the way i ask questions on here.

You posted a image with arrows pointing to something specifically, which was the new indicator, easily misunderstood. Maybe don't use a image that doesn't describe what your asking ;)

I know this is an older topic, but just found this resource and really like it. It works great, but my issue is that if I have a node with subforums, and I post a new thread on just one on them; every subboard gets the new icon next to it- even though there are no new posts. So for example; I posted a new topic in test1 subboard. There are no posts at all in test2, test3, or even any new posts in the parent node for that matter- yet they all get the new icon anyway.

subboardnew.png

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Before I removed this on my Forum, I'd like to share first to everyone :)
Code:
/* New Indicator */
.LoggedIn .nodeInfo.unread .nodeTitle:after{
background-color: @primaryLighter;
content: "NEW";
color: white;
border-radius: 0px;
margin-left: 2px;
padding: 1px 4px;
font-size: 8px;
vertical-align: middle;
}

Thanxx for sharing! I tried a few suggestions throughout this thread and your code (above) is the one I like best. (y)

As a newby point of view, I always thought "New" was like the section was new or a forum was trying to get me to look there, I have had success with newcomers by being clear and naming it "Unread".
Just sayin.
But thanks, I am using this and its great. (aligned right is good too)

As a newby point of view, I always thought "New" was like the section was new or a forum was trying to get me to look there, I have had success with newcomers by being clear and naming it "Unread".
Just sayin.
But thanks, I am using this and its great. (aligned right is good too)

Like this way, even if posted a while ago. Thanks

This is an awesome template edit, however I need some help modding it a bit...

1. I would like to not show sub forms because I have some laid out under the category.
2. Would like the "new" to disappear as you go into that category instead of having to open each new thread or post. Some users just aren't going to take the time to read each new thread and post. "New" should be gone after just opening that category instead..

Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom