Lack of interest Add HTML Validation to notices system?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

XxUnkn0wnxX

in relation to this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-notices-messes-up-forum-style-overall.67023/

can we add validation to the notices system? because like i said in the above thread:

i found an annoying bug when i code in html using something like this:

<p align="center"><font color="#3FFF00"><b>Hello {name}</b></font><br>
<font color="#00FFFF">Check Out Prime Time's Thread On</font> <font color="#008000"><b>
<a href="http://portalcentric.net/forums/threads/what-is-your-age.3080/">What Is Your Age?</a></b></font> <font color="#008000">!</font></p>

so for example if you make a mistake like this

<font color="#3FFF00>

u see without the 2nd " at the end all the colors on the theme/style u are on change colors all the text colors change like they invert colors. also some theme's like the nav bar and weights are all over the place. this really needs to be fixed. so if a mistake is made in the notices. there should be validation saying unable to save because of an error/mistake or fix the actual problem so it doesn't mess with the site.

so create a new notice
<font color="#3FFF00>Test</font> <-- just paste that in and it should mess up ur site..

<font color="#3FFF00">Test</font> <-- is the right way

this some times get really annoying so

isn't there a way to add data validation to xenforo some how to it checks for this stuff? and gives u an error instead like unable to save because of these following reasons

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd argue that you should be competent enough with HTML before writing it in a notice. A simple alternative will be to just run the code snippet through existing HTML validators, such as W3C.

It can't hurt to have a HTML validator, but personally I don't think the demand is there for it.

Top Bottom