Add highlighted text to [code] bbcode

DOA

Not a big change or request, just a small modification.

When I quote someone or copy & paste some code into a reply, I highlight the text and then click the code button, assuming that would wrap the highlighted text in the code tags. But the new dialog is blank and you have to cancel it, go back and cut the text you want and paste it into the dialog.

My request would be that if you highlight text and then click the code button, that text is automatically added into the dialog so you can quickly click insert.

I think this would be a bit more consistent with how the Quote and spoiler bbcodes work (as in it wraps around the highlighted text)

Upvote 8
Not a big change or request, just a small modification.

When I quote someone or copy & paste some code into a reply, I highlight the text and then click the code button, assuming that would wrap the highlighted text in the code tags. But the new dialog is blank and you have to cancel it, go back and cut the text you want and paste it into the dialog.

My request would be that if you highlight text and then click the code button, that text is automatically added into the dialog so you can quickly click insert.

I think this would be a bit more consistent with how the Quote and spoiler bbcodes work (as in it wraps around the highlighted text)
I was just coming on to make the exact same suggestion. I can't tell you how many times I've done this expecting it to automatically wrap the highlighted text, only to find that I have to manually cut and paste it in. Which obviously isn't a big deal, but it's just nice when it's all automatic like the QUOTE and SPOILER tags.

I'd love to see this implemented!

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and how much it seems out of place compared to the other tags… it wouldn't be considered a bug, would it?

Top Bottom