1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Add BB code support in ACP

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Moshe1010, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

It's useful for many add-ons, and it seems that there is no support for BB code in ACP, which makes things difficult to handle (for some of us).

For example, developing an add-on that gives a log of all the private conversation in a certain board is a problem since quotes and pictures couldn't be displayed in ACP because it doesn't support BB code.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Whether it the front end or admin CP BB Code isn't just automatically parsed.

I have never tried it, but it should be just a case of calling the bbcode parser in your Admin view and running the necessary strings through it which will convert it to HTML.

I can't right now think of any particular reason why that wouldn't work.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As Chris said, if your add-on needs to parse BB Code then that is a function of the add-on, not the ACP.
    Chris D likes this.
  4. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

Yep! I try to code for that working but I wonder why It's can working. Its alway missing quote and attachment was attached
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Attachments will only show as "View Attachment" links unless you're viewing the original post. So that's expected.

Don't forget, there's a fair bit of CSS required for displaying certain BB Codes, quotes being one of them. You would need to include something like this in your Admin CP template:

<xen:require css="public:bb_code.css" />
  6. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

Of course!! I used all css Its needed for some bbcode, But Its only display attachment for first post and If second posts have attachments Its didn't :)