Lack of interest Add BB code support in ACP

Moshe1010

It's useful for many add-ons, and it seems that there is no support for BB code in ACP, which makes things difficult to handle (for some of us).

For example, developing an add-on that gives a log of all the private conversation in a certain board is a problem since quotes and pictures couldn't be displayed in ACP because it doesn't support BB code.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Whether it the front end or admin CP BB Code isn't just automatically parsed.

I have never tried it, but it should be just a case of calling the bbcode parser in your Admin view and running the necessary strings through it which will convert it to HTML.

I can't right now think of any particular reason why that wouldn't work.

truonglv

Formerly Nobita.Kun
Yep! I try to code for that working but I wonder why It's can working. Its alway missing quote and attachment was attached

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Attachments will only show as "View Attachment" links unless you're viewing the original post. So that's expected.

Don't forget, there's a fair bit of CSS required for displaying certain BB Codes, quotes being one of them. You would need to include something like this in your Admin CP template:

<xen:require css="public:bb_code.css" />

truonglv

Formerly Nobita.Kun
Attachments will only show as "View Attachment" links unless you're viewing the original post. So that's expected.

Don't forget, there's a fair bit of CSS required for displaying certain BB Codes, quotes being one of them. You would need to include something like this in your Admin CP template:

<xen:require css="public:bb_code.css" />
Of course!! I used all css Its needed for some bbcode, But Its only display attachment for first post and If second posts have attachments Its didn't :)