1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 add banners on the top

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by isma, Jan 12, 2014.

1. isma

isma Member

Hello,

I am new in XF and have just bought my license. I am trying to set up a 100% width html table on the top of my forum header in order to put sereval banners inside. In my old VB 3.7 forum this was very easy: just modify header template, add html code and everything works fine.

But I see that everything has changed in XF and I don't know how to do it.

What I need is just to create an html table at the very top of my forum header.

Thank you for your help!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. isma

isma Member

Thank you for your answer. I have the feeling that changing to XF is becoming to difficult for me.

I have seen the Ad Manager 1.0 Beta 3.0.1 Has anybody tried it? I need some way to put my banners on the web page.

Thank you!

4. Brogan

You are better off posting any questions related to add-ons in the respective discussion threads.

For that add-on it is this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ad-manager-paid.27985/

There are several other ad related resources available if you don't want to just use the templates.

5. isma

isma Member

Is there any Ad Manager for Xenforo with responsive design?

6. Brogan

You will have to ask in the add-on threads.

As I have already said though, an ad manager is not necessarily required, depending on how you want to implement ads.

7. isma

isma Member

I think I should make an extra header and put all the banners on it (about 8 banners). I need it responsive. The problem is that I don't know how to do it.

8. isma

isma Member

One idea: Could I create a new template with all the banners inside and then include it into the header forum?

Where can I find documentation about the XenForo template sintax?

Thank you.

9. Brogan

A template already exists, as I said in my first response.

The header template is called ad_header.

The links I posted earlier show all the syntax required to include ads.