1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add additional options to thread

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Donnie La Curan, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Donnie La Curan

Donnie La Curan Active Member

Basically I want to be able to add permissions to allow an extra field to appear when creating a thread. There are lots of examples with permissions, so that's not a problem. My problem lies with adding additional fields to the create thread page.

Code:
    controllerName:    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum
    controllerAction:    CreateThread
    viewName:    XenForo_ViewPublic_Thread_Create
    contentTemplate:    thread_create
    I see what's being called, but I can't figure out how to add in an additional field ... then IF the field appears and something is put into it, I don't know how to save that data.

I'm looking in XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum at actionCreateThread() and actionAddThread().

2. Donnie La Curan

Digging around a little more, I don't see a hook in the thread_create template around the thread_fields_status template include. I would really like to place it just under set thread status. The thread_fields_status template doesn't have a hook either.

3. Donnie La Curan

I am able to hook into thread_create_fields_extra. While it's not ideal, it's all I have for the moment. I'd like to be able to hook into the fieldset just above the poll with Options and Set Thread Status.

Still working on how to get/set the additional field.