Lack of interest Add a REPLY button to the top of the thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

NealC

Let's say you're all read up on a thread that is 20 pages deep. For example sake let's call a page 50 messages long. If you click the thread title you won't go to the end of the thread that is considered read as we discussed here. For a user to reply we are forcing them to scroll down to the bottom of the thread which is not ideal. Instead, like other forum products, we should have a Reply button at the top of the thread that will take them right to the editor to add a reply.

Using XF 2.1.5a

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hmm, while I do understand the reasoning behind this request it seems to be a bit of an edge case to me:
IMHO, in most cases users users would not want to reply to a thread they habe not fully read recently.
If they did, they would get to the end of the thread when clicking the title.

So a reply button on the top would not be needed in most cases and would just take up precious space (and maybe confuse) users.

So a reply button on the top would not be needed in most cases and would just take up precious space (and maybe confuse) users.

I disagree. I added the mod from another search here and it just adds a button and works well. I think it's a better UI to allow people to figure out how to reply fast. In this day and age if you can't do it in X seconds people won't.

reply-button.webp

In this day and age if you can't do it in X seconds people won't.
Agreed. Personally, I'd rather loose those few people that want to reply to threads they havn't read recently than to annoy & confuse the majority with unneeded clutter ;)

Top Bottom