Implemented Add a FAQ tab

Shelley

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sidebar-block-members-online-auto-refesh.1517/

I'm using this members resource as an example. I got the idea from morgains post about FAqs being asked in discussion posts and they will mainly get buried. Adding all FAQs in the release part i find really does bloat the post and it would get lost, somewhat.

Suggestion: (if it hasn't been made yet) is a FAQ's tab to be added where the releaser can type in the FAQ's and can continue to do so over time on the resources FAQ page of a release. I think this would benefit users/newcomers and lower those FAQs and keep it consolidated in one place rather than spread out in a discussions side adds so much benefits imo. Obviously it would eliminate people asking the same old question but I am sure it would significantly lower it.

Hopefully i worded that correctly to the point you understand (it's getting late here) :p

faq_tab_RM.webp

Upvote 23
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks Shelley. My original suggestion was this:

About addon client support. Currently an addon gets just one thread for support work. These can be long, and full of duplicates. Us punters get put off wading through them and that generates more duplicate queries, and that is timewasting and frustrating for the dev doing support. If they do it they are not coiding, if they don't do it they lose clients that way.
Couldn't there be a FAQ system for devs to use instead of only one Discussion thread?

Like I ask a question and it goes on their addon FAQ page with its answer, possibly a thread followup in that topic area. Then I dont need to plod through stuff on installation, or conflict with another addon, or with a theme, or tweaking the look, if my query is none of those.
Dev time is so precious I want to protect it but I also dislike reading through loads of pages of support wsting MY time before I can post. Not everyone bothers to do that.

I think it should be possible to let us post direct to the FAQ section - either add to a FAQ thread, or raise a ticket as it were if we do not see the topic we want listed.
I don't see why a dev couldn't be enabled to move stuff about in their own addon section. Like merge two topics, or move some stuff to a fluff thread.

I can see FAQ threads being useful on
Installation
Compatibility
Appearance
Extra Features - though these might well split into different faq

These might be default FAQ sections. A dev could also disable one or more if irrelevant. Or if they want to make it clear they are not supporting that direction.

A dev or a helpful user can then respond to a query with a link to the appropriate FAQ

Great idea. Would help here on xenforo with answering common questions especially for plugins like bd widgets and xenporta

Just like with other HYS threads, the features are not always deployed yet. In due time, it will be utilized.

Top Bottom