AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock]

AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] [Paid] v2.0.5

No permission to buy ($15.00)

Wutime

Wutime submitted a new resource:

anti-AdBlock Detection - Recoup lost revenue by forcing visitors to disable their adblocker

Fully featured anti-AdBlock system.

Recoup lost revenue by nagging or forcing people to disable their adBlocker.

Supports a full page overlay or a simple notice message. The choice is yours.

Features:
  • Granular permissions per usergroup
  • Override "ignore this user group" for groups you NEVER want to see the anti-AdBlock
  • Ability to enable and disable the overlay
  • Ability to set the overlay delay timer in seconds
  • Ability to enable and disable the plugin

Read more about this resource...

In all likelihood, this will not work. What it will do is send members to your competitors who aren't requiring them to turn off the ad-blocker. Then you lose members without "recouping lost revenue".

Not accurate for all cases - for those of us with niche forums there's often no competitor website to visit.

Being an avid adBlock user I often turn my adBlock off for websites that request it. Why? Because I'm too lazy to bypass it, turning it off is easy, and because I actually want to be able to read the content uninterrupted.

Sometimes I disable my adblocker when reminded because I actually don't mind seeing advertisements given the content on some websites is worth it.

chacun son goût @djbaxter

Not accurate for all cases - for those of us with niche forums there's often no competitor website to visit.

Being an avid adBlock user I often turn my adBlock off for websites that request it. Why? Because I'm too lazy to bypass it, turning it off is easy, and because I actually want to be able to read the content uninterrupted.

Sometimes I disable my adblocker when reminded because I actually don't mind seeing advertisements given the content on some websites is worth it.

chacun son goût @djbaxter

Likewise, but only if the number of ads being blocked is small.

not work. bug with [Foro.Agency] Colored Username Everywhere

xf 2.1
php 7.2

Last edited:
Anyone using this with success? I would really like to get some feedback before buying. Also I would like to see it on a live site.

Thanks a lot because i click on the Buy link button on this page and i paid it from my Paypal account but i receive a message that the transaction was not recognized

Same problem, paid a couple days ago. No download link. Been emailing back and forth with FetchApp trying to get a link, nothing yet.

PayPal Transaction ID: 51M162719T464740M on June 4, 2019 at 1:17:23 PM CDT.

----------------------------------
Now FetchApp is saying I must turn on PayPal IPN (instant payment notification) to get download information. Seems like this is for the seller not the buyer. Either way something is the buying process is broken and I've given up more time to this than I should. Please send me a download link/update my account, thank you.

Last edited:
Wutime updated AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] with a new update entry:

Detect Bots and Randomize ID Key Between Sites

The following update was made to ensure the ad-detection message is not indexed by crawlers and Google Bot:
  • Detect bots and crawlers
  • Disable anti-AdBlock message from appearing to crawlers bots
Additionally, as a preventative measure to thwart community-based sharing-based adblockers the Detection Key was randomized between Xenforo installations - making each customers unique. A future update will delve into this further.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just a heads up for anyone that purchased my add-ons through Selz or Fetchapp. I've launched a storefront and moved everything over. If you'd like to continue to download updates please do the following for access to my addons directly through my website: https://www.wutime.com
  1. Visit my website and download any "free" addon: https://www.wutime.com/downloads/category/free/
  2. Send me your order #
  3. Send me your original payment email address so I can confirm your prior order (let me know if it was Selz or FetchApp)
Once you've done the above I can link you to your original order in the new system so you can continue to download updates hassle-free.

Thanks for your help and apologies for having to jump through hoops. People were having trouble with Selz and FetchApp was a nightmare.

Cheers, Wu

Top Bottom