• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ad Templates

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Can Ad Templates do this, like this guy as added adsense to his header and footer : http://www.8wayrun.com/forum/
The top banner would be this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> ad_above_top_breadcrumb

Use this code to center it:

Code:
<div style="text-align: center;">
	BANNER CODE HERE
</div>
The bottom banner would be this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> ad_below_content

Ryan Kent

I'm looking for a conditional which is not (yet) in Brogan's FAQ.

I would like to show ads to everyone except premium members and my "regular" members with more then ?100 posts. My thinking is if a member contributes directly with $$ or indirectly with content, they are adding value to the community.

How can I do a conditional If member.postcount <100 show ad?

Russ

I'm looking for a conditional which is not (yet) in Brogan's FAQ.

I would like to show ads to everyone except premium members and my "regular" members with more then ?100 posts. My thinking is if a member contributes directly with $$ or indirectly with content, they are adding value to the community.

How can I do a conditional If member.postcount <100 show ad?
You could always set it so users get out of a certain group once they hit 100+ posts, then make it so the conditional works for the group under 100 posts.

CTXMedia

Formerly CyclingTribe
Thanks.

There's a lot to learn, but there's also a certain simplicity to it as well. I think I'm going to enjoy playing with XF. (y)

Ryan Kent

I have noticed the new ad_ templates which were added in 1.0.0. I have used each of them today. Many of them worked perfectly. Some had CSS issues but otherwise work. There are 4 ads that I cannot locate anywhere. I switched to Default template and tried, searched every part of the site and still could not locate these ads. Can anyone tell me if the below 4 templates are working?

ad_forum_view_above_node_list
ad_member_view_above_messages
ad_member_view_below_avatar
ad_member_view_sidebar_bottom

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
> ad_forum_view_above_node_list

That shows inside of a forum, but only when that forum contains subforums.

> ad_member_view_above_messages

On the profile page, in the Profile Posts tab.

> ad_member_view_below_avatar

Also on the profile page, underneath the big avatar on the top left of the profile.

> ad_member_view_sidebar_bottom

Also on the profile page, at the bottom of the sidebar on the left of the profile.

Ryan Kent

I went on to my profile page by choosing "Your Profile Page" from the moderation bar. I placed ads in each of the ad_member_view templates. The ads are 250x250 boxes which worked perfectly on the sidebar in the other templates. I refreshed numerous times and still cannot see the ads.

I checked the member_view template and I can see the xen include statements within the template. I can also see the 3 tabs brought up when I open the member_view. I have confirmed that the templates are from the style I am viewing. I have duplicated this process for the Default template. For some reason the process simply isn't working for the profile page. I am on my admin account.

Ok, scratch the above. It works when I view from a "regular" account but not from the admin account. I do not see any conditionals related to admin so I am not sure why the ads would not appear for my admin acct? Both pc's are using FF browsers v3.6

Ryan Kent

my fault....

AdBlock plus. For some reason it didn't block the other ads but blocked the ones on this page. I love that add-on but what a headache it gave me today!

erich37

when I go to the template named "ad_below_content", then I see the following default code in this template:

Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_below_content" />
How do I put my banner-code into this template?

underneath the default code or in between the default code ? Or do I need to delete this hook-code in that template?
Not sure how to do this??

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
when I go to the template named "ad_below_content", then I see the following default code in this template:

Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_below_content" />
How do I put my banner-code into this template?

underneath the default code or in between the default code ? Or do I need to delete this hook-code in that template?
Not sure how to do this??
Just put it underneath. Make a new line.