• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Ad Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I really need is an option to set a criteria which made sure the ad would never be shown if someone was a member of a certain usergroup. Donators get added to another usergroup on our forum so we need to be able to exclude ads for them in the easiest way possible. Any chance of seeing that in beta 2?

I am currently doing that now. Our Unregistered and Gamers see ads... all other usergroups don't. Very easy to use... I will post a better write up as soon as I can.

The problem is we have users that might be in our basic registered group and in our donators group, and we might have some people in 3/4 groups at the same time so it's quite hard for us to do it like that.

Currently only registered and unregistered are set to see our ads but some members in other groups can see both because they are in multiple groups.

The problem is we have users that might be in our basic registered group and in our donators group, and we might have some people in 3/4 groups at the same time so it's quite hard for us to do it like that.

Currently only registered and unregistered are set to see our ads but some members in other groups can see both because they are in multiple groups.

I'm confused, I thought that was what the criteria system could be used for:
n15ouR.png

You may have to duplicate an add, to have it show to one, but not the other... Other than that, I am not sure I understand how you cannot get it to display to who you want, when you want.

Hmm, I seem to have been doing something wrong, not sure why I was so blindly missing the second box :P

There are actually things like this I want to add though. Not the example you give since it is already there. But for example the page criteria only has stuff for when it is a certain section, controller, view etc. There are no options for when it is not.

Are there additional steps to installing this add-on? I installed it fine, setup a banner, selected positions and the appropriate usergroups.. but the banner doesn't appear anywhere on the forum.

Are there additional steps to installing this add-on? I installed it fine, setup a banner, selected positions and the appropriate usergroups.. but the banner doesn't appear anywhere on the forum.

Do you have an ad blocker running?
Do you have outdated templates?

Do you have an ad blocker running?
Do you have outdated templates?
I'm using a .gif image for the banner, no adsense scripts. I don't have ad blocker running, I tried it on two different Xenforo style themes that are updated for 1.1.1. Could there be any other reason?

Okay, so I tried using a different file (this time a .png) and that worked fine! So it must have something to do with either: .gif files or the image size dimensions. Are there any restrictions to types of images/dimensions?

Restrictions are in place for when you upload the file. I can think of one issue with using gif and will look into it.

Bought as well...bunch of things I need to suggest, just haven't found the time to go thru it. Has possibilities tho.

Sweet :) Yeah it is missing a lot and hopefully I will get back to it soon, need my website setup to handle everything better first. This will be one of my main mods as there will be always some way it can be improved. A year for now you will be getting a lot for it's price.

Thanks, Robbo. :)

I'm enjoying the add-on so far, and am looking forward to see more features being added to future versions.

we are in early stages so I expect a lot of feature requests, these will be added first! So request away​
  • select to show ads evenly, randomly or in any other way needed; currently the ad list to select from is randomized
  • more and more features that are requested!

Is there a banner rotation capability in this?

There will be in a future beta release. Right now I have to focus on something else until it is complete.

Is it possible to show a banner for specific threads? I have information that can't be shown with a commercial banner, I would like to show a custom code for these threads.

I also want to display different banners for the different forums in my site. Is it possible?

Is it planned to ad geolocation to dispatch the banners?

I'm considering purchasing this, but noticed it hasn't been updated since it's initial beta 1 release. Any ETA on the next release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom