• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Ad Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent! How about adding advertising inventory manager and an option for the advertisers to see banner availability and buy ads directly on the site?

Excellent! How about adding advertising inventory manager and an option for the advertisers to see banner availability and buy ads directly on the site?
Yeah I do want something like this. It would probably be for a later release though. I want to get all the smaller things out of the way to make it usable for as many people as possible and then start putting a lot of time into creating a big solution like what you get from external providers when managing ads, oh and integrating with external providers.

This looks absolutely amazing, I'm pretty sure you are going to sell a massive amount of licenses for this, if we could use it straight away I'd purchase it right now, unfortunately currently running add free from myself and the owners pocket and our users probably wouldn't want to see adverts. However, since I hope to start putting in a little bit of highly targeted adverts in the future this definately looks like the addon we'll use, would it be possible to add these features:

• Number of times displayed/clicked? Just a very simply counter showing how many times the add has been clicked on or displayed on a page.
  • Auto remove after a certain number of clicks/views, would automatically deactive after it's hit the limits allowed. e.g. if someone pays me for 10,000 displays I'd like to stop showing it after that.
  • Set ads to be dismissable, I foresee myself using this to help advertise other sites that I create but I wouldn't want those adverts showing up too often if my users have acknowledged them or don't care, so being able to dismiss ads would be good.

Just a note. I do realize there is a bug in the first screenshot. This is actually a XenForo bug with Opera (I think) and not to do with my mod. I just got used to ignoring it, will fix later.

This looks absolutely amazing, I'm pretty sure you are going to sell a massive amount of licenses for this, if we could use it straight away I'd purchase it right now, unfortunately currently running add free from myself and the owners pocket and our users probably wouldn't want to see adverts. However, since I hope to start putting in a little bit of highly targeted adverts in the future this definately looks like the addon we'll use, would it be possible to add these features:

• Number of times displayed/clicked? Just a very simply counter showing how many times the add has been clicked on or displayed on a page.
  • Auto remove after a certain number of clicks/views, would automatically deactive after it's hit the limits allowed. e.g. if someone pays me for 10,000 displays I'd like to stop showing it after that.
  • Set ads to be dismissable, I foresee myself using this to help advertise other sites that I create but I wouldn't want those adverts showing up too often if my users have acknowledged them or don't care, so being able to dismiss ads would be good.
  • I actually planned this for first release but just wanted to get it out for feedback so it will be in the next release
  • Yeah something that is definitely needed but with a bigger system of handling how often to show the ads, need to plan this out a lot and will do and post here for feedback before implementing
  • I don't really get what you mean here, only show to the user a few times?

• I don't really get what you mean here, only show to the user a few times?

That would work, basically either set a maximum number of times to show an ad to a single user or allow a user to dismiss an ad and not see it again (like the notification system). It's probably not a widely needed feature but advertising is going to come hard enough to my users.

Yeah, well there will be added criteria for this mod. I could say do "Viewed x times", "Viewed x times by user"... just depends on what people need. I don't have any websites I advertise a lot on or focus on with adverts so really don't know what direction to go with certain things. So early release at discounted price for feature requests it is :)

but advertising is going to come hard enough to my users.

Then don't show ads to logged-in members. My regular members might not even know how ad driven my site is since they never see anything. I've found over the years that my 'members' are pretty ad blind and never clicked on anything anyway.

Then don't show ads to logged-in members. My regular members might not even know how ad driven my site is since they never see anything. I've found over the years that my 'members' are pretty ad blind and never clicked on anything anyway.

I might do that, but I don't plan to use this just for pure advertising purposes. I always would like to show off other relevant sites or link to special content within the site itself. I see many, many uses for this that go beyond just an Ad Manager.

I might do that, but I don't plan to use this just for pure advertising purposes. I always would like to show off other relevant sites or link to special content within the site itself. I see many, many uses for this that go beyond just an Ad Manager.
Yeah in house ads will be my main use for this as well.

Anyway, I just thought what the heck and bought it. Since there's no set limit for support for this, so there's nothing lost if I don't start using it for months.

Sweet :) Yeah support for all my mods are forever until I make a proper shop system to handle it properly. But I need to be making enough money to justify the weeks of working making such a system.

Looking good Robbo! I would love to see ads display randomly in the postbit (positionally speaking, within text).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom