Add-on [AD Credits] What would you like to see in a credits add-on?

Jake B.

Audentio Design is currently in the process of developing a new credits add-on for XenForo. We have quite a few new features planned, but want to know what everyone else would like to have available in this add-on. A couple of te features that are currently planned are:
  • Using credits ‘buy’ access to certain permissions (Such as the ability to ‘like’ posts, use an avatar, have a larger signature, or change their user title)
  • Using credits to join a user group
  • Amount of credits received can be set per-node, and per-usergroup (with a default that can be inherited of course)
  • Credits can be received by posting messages, posting threads, adding your avatar, completing your profile, filling custom profile fields, etc.

The only thing I would want for a credit addon would be to merge credits with points, or being able to remove points and only use credits instead (compatible with trophies aswell) and use them the same way if it was points. As you know, I proposed something there : my suggestion. If it's doable, then I'm your first customer for it :)

The only thing I would want for a credit addon would be to merge credits with points, or being able to remove points and only use credits instead (compatible with trophies aswell) and use them the same way if it was points. As you know, I proposed something there : my suggestion. If it's doable, then I'm your first customer for it :)
I agree with that, there really isn't a good reason to have both.

Last edited:
I've always liked the idea of using credits, but I don't think I could come up with enough things for people to spend them on without it becoming gimmicky. Can you provide some ideas of what kinds of things could be used as credit-sinks to prevent people accumulating too many?

It'd be nice if credits could be used for timed access to a group - i.e. 300 credits for 30 days of access to an Exalted Members group that has a recurring cost.

I've always liked the idea of using credits, but I don't think I could come up with enough things for people to spend them on without it becoming gimmicky. Can you provide some ideas of what kinds of things could be used as credit-sinks to prevent people accumulating too many?

It'd be nice if credits could be used for timed access to a group - i.e. 300 credits for 30 days of access to an Exalted Members group that has a recurring cost.

^^ sure that makes sense to me. I think we can do something. Not sure of the 30 day access part, but we could likely do that.

The biggest thing that's missing now is the ability to spend points so that's where I'm most interested in seeing some unique development. There was a plugin out there which I used in the past that allowed users to purchase usergroup upgrades via points and that was pretty cool, but somewhat limited.

Didn't VB have a pretty complex credits/store users to earn and spend in it, might be good to get some ideas from it.

Didn't VB have a pretty complex credits/store users to earn and spend in it, might be good to get some ideas from it.

Yes I know what you are talking about. You could like change your username color too and such it was quite robust.

The biggest thing that's missing now is the ability to spend points so that's where I'm most interested in seeing some unique development. There was a plugin out there which I used in the past that allowed users to purchase usergroup upgrades via points and that was pretty cool, but somewhat limited.

Yep, it's very easy to come up with things to award points for (posting, starting threads, logging in every day, etc) but not that much out there for them to want to SPEND their points on which doesn't come across as gimmicky or "reaching".

Any credits system needs to offer something unique and innovating... Not just another credits system.

^^ sure that makes sense to me. I think we can do something. Not sure of the 30 day access part, but we could likely do that.

That is definitely possible, I'll take note of that idea and get it working once I start work on the store. I have the awarding credits part pretty much done, just have to make the per node and per group parts for it, and setup some permissions for who can use it.

Very accurate ^^ but glad to hear it tho.

Depending on how we will be able to use your credits, would it be possible to buy them using real money (through paypal i.e ) ?

Might as well post a couple screenshots of the options currently available.

Global Options:
credit_options_zpsc4861167.png

Per-Node Options:
credit_edit_forum_zps8004e71c.png

So I think we should like someone suggested build an option to interchange with the points system. Im not quite sure how but it might make it so people who have their points all setup will be ready to use the plugin faster maybe. Integrate better.

Top Bottom