• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 Activation Code ?

A.Chakery

Hello,

Would you please tell me if its possible to replace activation email with activation code like what we had in vBulletin 3 ? It would be a great feature to reduce spam since the new user will have to copy the activation code and then paste it in the respective section in the forums to activate his/her account.

Plus it will automatically make services like malinator useless and we will not have to worry about such emails anymore ...

Thank you

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I'm not understanding what you're asking and I'm not sure I see the benefit. If the email can be received, it can be processed by a spam tool or with a throwaway email.

A.Chakery

Sorry I typed my request so fast ...

In vBulletin3 I had removed Activation link from m email template and replaced it with Activation code .. so vBulletin was sending an activation code instead of a link...

Hence users have to enter the activation code in a respective form to activate their account.

And you are right , the built-in Spam-Prevention system works great but I wonder if there is such function in XF that I can use ...

Thank you Mike.