Activated Over 400 Accounts In Last Two Days & It's Not Over Yet!

What if there was a way to see who is on the site who is unconfirmed, but keeps coming back (Via IP address) and send them a Gritter notice ? A personalized one.

IMO it's also, if i search for some infos and i get into a forum where i need to register, i register and if i DON'T get the registration/confirmation mail in the next 1-2 minutes, i'm searching for another webpage and ignore the confirmation mail if i get it some hours later...

I think that's also a big problem for some boards....
(hope you know what i mean^^)

IMO it's also, if i search for some infos and i get into a forum where i need to register, i register and if i DON'T get the registration/confirmation mail in the next 1-2 minutes, i'm searching for another webpage and ignore the confirmation mail if i get it some hours later...

Yeah totally.

If I don't get a confirmation e-mail within 1 minute I go somewhere else.

I found out that my community has over 7000 registered but 'not activated' accounts. Instead of asking them to login to the site and ask for activation mail, I decided to send an email and asked them to reply with word "ACTIVATE" to activate their account. I thought not more than 50 will activate their accounts. The last time I had done it with vBulletin; only 10 out of 1000+ clicked on account activation link.
Mine simply auto deletes inactive accounts after x period... I don't want inactive members or members who don't post.

I usually go with 10minuteemail if I register for a site I don't intend to use, so if I don't get the mail within 10 minutes I wont get it:whistle:

I out right ban Yahoo and Rocket Mail (also part of Yahoo) from registering.

Far to many issues.....

Some people would get their mail hours, days, or even weeks later. And sometimes not at all.

Hotmail is the wild card. Normally it is instant and right away, but sometimes it is a few hours or days. But I would say 90% of it goes through as expected when using Hotmail. It is that 10% that drives me crazy.

Every where else ... No problem

Top Bottom