Lack of interest ACP UX "Change Type"

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

frm

For those upgrading to XF 2.2 or even starting out on 2.2, the "Change Type" button is not prevalent enough to catch your eye, so it can lead you to believe that it's locked in forever (at least with an upgrade to 2.2, I "depreciated" two forums and moved threads to a new one because I wasn't sure I could change the type until after I was done).

1597876725321.png

Instead, there should be a [?] or link around the portion below, possibly in the description as subtle as "Change Type", that toggles the ability to change type.

1597876828505.png

...at the least, this thread can serve as a reminder or point out to others that you can always change the type to 'questions' only instead of moving all posts from 1 question forum node to another (no worries as using URL portion here though)...

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree that the "change type" button should be located in the "Forum Type" box. I know changing the type is a big deal, so I'm not advocating just putting radio buttons there, leave it as a actual button. If that doesn't fit with the form design philosophy, thinking up some other solution would probably be appropriate as the current layout is confusing.

I agree that the "change type" button should be located in the "Forum Type" box. I know changing the type is a big deal, so I'm not advocating just putting radio buttons there, leave it as a actual button. If that doesn't fit with the form design philosophy, thinking up some other solution would probably be appropriate as the current layout is confusing.
A mere tooltip/help statement below it to "Change Type" would suffice in my opinion.

Top Bottom