Implemented ACP-option to set Email-notifications on thread-replies

erich37

how to get all my members to receive e-mail notifications (not just alerts) when there are replies on threads they have created ?

I see a lot of users receiving replies to the thread they have created, but those users who have created the thread are not returning to the website anymore, because they do not receive any e-mail notification that there is a reply on the thread they have created.

Would be great to have this as an option in ACP, so that Admin can set this as default.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
So you want to be able to override the setting each member has specifically set in their account preferences?

Essentially you want to force members to watch and receive email replies for every thread they post in, whether they want that or not?

So you want to be able to override the setting each member has specifically set in their account preferences?

No, not at all.
I want to have the default setting (set by Admin in ACP) to work like this.

The member can still change the default settings, as he wants to have it.

As mentioned in my first post, it is quite hard to get a "new forum" off the ground when the members who have posted a "New Thread" will not be notified of replies. Those members are never returning back to the Forum.

Usually members have set their settings as "default" and only change their Preferences once they engage more in the Forums.

Your saying, when someone creates a thread, you want it so they get e-mail notifications when someone replies to it? And the same with the 'repliers', you want it so no matter what if a user is part of the thread and has previously posted in it, and there's a reply, (all who have Watch Thread checked) get an e-mail notification?

Top Bottom