Affected version
As titled, and only default are shown.

In ACP>Forums>Nodes>"Node">"Available prefixes":
1575395530445.webp

In the forums:
1575395782386.webp
1575395910279.webp
1575396138969.webp

And if this is not a bug or "as designed", is there a different LESS file to stick our customized prefixes in to see them in ACP on selection?

@Chris D ,

I would propose the master, for prefixes only, to be editable where they not only show in ACP, but on the forum as well without having to go into dev mode. Then, put the master "original" in a doc if someone messes it all up.

I think this solution would be much easier than a backend color picker/designer.

Should this be made a suggestion to see its popularity or a "design on the fly" that updates the master to easily create prefixes for everyone with no CSS knowledge required?

The master style should never be edited.

Custom prefixes are style dependent so it isn't relevant to show them in the master style, especially if there are multiple styles installed.

The master style should never be edited.

Custom prefixes are style dependent so it isn't relevant to show them in the master style, especially if there are multiple styles installed.
I'm suggesting that the master style, if just for prefixes, should be easily editable and restored with the original (highly unlikely, worst case scenario).

Or, there should be a front end color picker that adds correct syntax to the prefix master style only so no LESS editing, manual color picking in Photoshop as guesswork, and no adding the custom CSS if not visible in ACP.

I think either of these are reasonable, with a color selector ACP backend being the most difficult to implement.

It's really not clear what you are proposing.

As stated, the ACP uses the master style, which is not editable in normal use.
Even if it was edited, the next time the master data was rebuilt, after an upgrade for example, any custom changes would be lost.

The front end styles inherit from the master style but as custom prefixes are front end style dependent and applicable only, it isn't possible to display them in the master style.

Even if it was edited, the next time the master data was rebuilt, after an upgrade for example, any custom changes would be lost.
Unless, if prefixes are alone in a template, an admin template modification were to be made to replace "/* CUSTOM PREFIXES */" with a potential PHP callback that just overwrites it with stylized prefixes of a parent theme "PREFIXES.LESS" or something? (I'm unsure if that'd work)

There's gotta be a solution where prefixes don't necessarily have to be style based and can be used across all styles as they're just colors, otherwise, there wouldn't be any default ones, to begin with, and we would start from scratch creating each individual prefix for each of our styles.

Top Bottom