XF 1.5 Account upgrades disabled - PayPal payment still happens but upgrade expires?

Amin Sabet

I'm hoping whether someone can tell me if what I am observing is XenForo working as designed or I am seeing something due to an addon conflict, bug, etc.

Let's say I have an account upgrade where someone has a recurring payment of $5 per year and a bunch of people do that upgrade.

Then I disable (but don't delete) that upgrade option and put in a new option with a recurring payment of $10 per year. So it looks like the ones boxed in red below:

If someone who subbed to the older (now disabled) $5/year plan and doesn't cancel their payment through PayPal, then which of the following should occur?

1) Payment keeps recurring, account upgrade keeps recurring at the old rate.

2) Payment keeps recurring, account upgrade expires.

3) Payment ceases, account upgrade expires.

What seems to be happening, which has never happened before that I can recall, is #2. People's payments are still happening, but their upgrade is expiring. Is that as designed?

I recently started to use the Expiring User Upgrades by @Xon and don't know if that is playing a role here. members are getting an alert like this, which I know is from the addon:

Disabling the user upgrade causes it to fail to apply during a recurring subscription payment.

Since you have Expiring User Upgrades , leave the user upgrade enable but adjust the "Usable by user groups" option so no one can buy it.

Or, you can go via paypal on your side cancel any recurring subscriptions with that given type.

Since you have Expiring User Upgrades , leave the user upgrade enable but adjust the "Usable by user groups" option so no one can buy it.

For the members who paid me recently but didn't get the extension because I had disabled that upgrade, If I re-enable the upgrade now and manually add them for a year, will it pick back up and renew with their payment next year?

For the members who paid me recently but didn't get the extension because I had disabled that upgrade, If I re-enable the upgrade now and manually add them for a year, will it pick back up and renew with their payment next year?
Yes, the add-on allows the same subscription type to "stack" (ie how the extend function works).

Top Bottom