1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account menu row issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Trombones13, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

It seems I can't ever stop asking questions even when I think I'm done... :/ bah

Since I updated some of my outdated templates, the dropdown menu with my username on the header is showing all of the links in one row instead of two. How can I fix that so it's in two rows again? I tried but failed to find it in the templates. :( Thanks in advance.

XF Dropdown.png
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check the navigation_visitor_tab.

You should see 2 sections beginning <ul class="col1 blockLinksList"> and <ul class="col2 blockLinksList">.

The col1 and col2 relate to the 2 columns.

Make a note of any edits, revert the template and then re-apply your edits.
  3. Trombones13

There are no edits to that template; I think navigation.css might be the issue since I reverted, reapplied changes, and it says it's outdated again. o_O

This is from the navigation_visitor_tab:
    <div class="menuColumns secondaryContent">
    				<ul class="col1 blockLinksList">
    					<li><a href="{xen:link account/personal-details}">{xen:phrase personal_details}</a></li>
    					<li><a href="{xen:link account/contact-details}">{xen:phrase contact_details}</a></li>
    					<li><a href="{xen:link account/preferences}">{xen:phrase preferences}</a></li>
    					<li><a href="{xen:link account/alert-preferences}">{xen:phrase alert_preferences}</a></li>
    					<li><a href="{xen:link account/privacy}">{xen:phrase privacy}</a></li>
    					<xen:if is="{$canEditSignature}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/signature}">{xen:phrase signature}</a></li></xen:if>
    					<xen:if is="{$canUploadAvatar}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/avatar}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="true">{xen:phrase avatar}</a></li></xen:if>
    				<ul class="col2 blockLinksList">
    					<li><a href="{xen:link account/news-feed}">{xen:phrase your_news_feed}</a></li>
    					<li><a href="{xen:link account/alerts}">{xen:phrase your_alerts}</a></li>
    					<li><a href="{xen:link watched/threads}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li>
    					<li><a href="{xen:link account/likes}">{xen:phrase likes_received}</a></li>
    					<li><a href="{xen:link search/member, '', 'user_id={$visitor.user_id}'}">{xen:phrase your_content}</a></li>
    					<li><a href="{xen:link account/following}">{xen:phrase people_you_follow}</a></li>
    					<xen:if is="{$xenCache.userUpgradeCount}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/upgrades}">{xen:phrase account_upgrades}</a></li></xen:if>
    					<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/facebook}">{xen:phrase facebook_integration}</a></li></xen:if>
    			<div class="menuColumns secondaryContent">
    				<ul class="col1 blockLinksList">
    						<form action="{xen:link account/toggle-visibility}" method="post" class="AutoValidator visibilityForm">
    							<label><input type="checkbox" name="visible" value="1" class="SubmitOnChange" {xen:checked $visitor.visible} />
    								{xen:phrase show_online_status}</label>
    							<input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="{$visitor.csrf_token_page}" />
    				<ul class="col2 blockLinksList">
    					<li><a href="{xen:link logout, '', '_xfToken={$visitor.csrf_token_page}'}" class="LogOut">{xen:phrase log_out}</a></li>
  4. Brogan

Hmmm, the navigation template just includes the navigation_visitor_tab template.
    It doesn't really have anything to do with the dropdown.

Even so, reverting should give you the latest templates which you can then re-apply your changes to.

If you have a test login I can take a look.
  5. Trombones13

Message sent. :)
  6. Brogan

All sorted :)

You just need to change the menu width by 2px in navigation.css:

#AccountMenu {
    width: 276px;
  7. Trombones13

Thanks! I don't know if/why I changed that, but glad it's all fixed now. Thanks again, Paul! :D
  8. Brogan

You didn't, 274px is the defualt.

You have however added a border around the menu items and 1px each side makes 2px :)
  9. Trombones13

Ohhh. hahaha :p
  10. Brogan

Just remember, every little px counts and don't let anyone tell you otherwise ;)
    Blandt and Trombones13 like this.
  11. Sean James

Sean James Well-Known Member

Thanks mate this fixed the problem for me as well.
  12. What do we do if we have a hover option on our style and the option makes it go back to the long list so long as you're selecting a link?