Account/License transfer

Mamma Mia

I am taking over ownership of an existing forum/license. Is it possible for me to get access to create tickets with the account I am posting from?

If not, can the current owner log a ticket asking you to transfer the license to my account based on the email address I am registered here with?

I will need help with upgrading once the license has been transferred. Currently on 1.x with a legacy version of PHP.

I'm going to be looking at signing up a new hosting provider, installing and upgrading to 2.x, and migrating existing data.
Please contact me if you provide this as a service.

Thank you. I spotted that after creating this thread.
Be SURE to check to see if it is valid for transfer. There have been several cases where a license that is not valid for transfer is paid for and then the new "buyer" discovers that it is not subject to being transferred due to the license limitations and is left short of the money paid.
You can either use the "check" hyperlink above or if you don't trust hyperlinks in messages, use the "License Validation" option in the footer of this website. You would basically request a validation token from the seller, and upon inputting it in the checker it will show if it is valid for transfer.

You should see similar to this (my customer token and the license token and validation # have been blanked out on this image).
If you notice, the "License can be transferred" is No, due to this already being a second hand license. It cannot be resold/transferred again.
The selling of the account itself by the original owner (if not able to be transferred) is also prohibited.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 12.18.12 AM.png

Be SURE to check to see if it is valid for transfer. There have been several cases where a license that is not valid for transfer is paid for and then the new "buyer" discovers that it is not subject to being transferred due to the license limitations and is left short of the money paid.
You can either use the "check" hyperlink above or if you don't trust hyperlinks in messages, use the "License Validation" option in the footer of this website. You would basically request a validation token from the seller, and upon inputting it in the checker it will show if it is valid for transfer.

You should see similar to this (my customer token and the license token/validation # have been blanked out on this image).
If you notice, the "License can be transferred" is No, due to this already being a second hand license. It cannot be resold again.
The selling of the account itself by the original owner (if not able to be transferred) is also prohibited.

View attachment 252098

Thank you Tracy. In this instance, there is no money changing hands, but I will definitely check that when I have the validation token in hand.

Thank you Tracy. In this instance, there is no money changing hands, but I will definitely check that when I have the validation token in hand.
Even with no money changing hands, transferring a second had license is still outside the parameters of said license. There may be a few reasons that it can still be done that way, but I would still check the license validation process and then clear it with XF staff.

Even with no money changing hands, transferring a second had license is still outside the parameters of said license. There may be a few reasons that it can still be done that way, but I would still check the license validation process and then clear it with XF staff.

Absolutely! I will check that, and as far as I can tell the transfer cannot occur without XF staff doing it anyway.

To be clear, the reason why your license cannot be transferred is that it's currently expired. There is no longer a single transfer limit. There are other reasons this value can be set to "no".

PLESE HELP ME

Hello, can you unblock me, please, I was blocked for spam, but I did not know how to delete my topic, and from the practitioners, no one really answered me, I bring my sincere apologies, unblock me please, unblock me on the site https://privorot.club/

We have provided the software to that site, but they entirely manage it themselves so you will have to send your complaint to them. We have no possible way of intervening.

Good luck.

To be clear, the reason why your license cannot be transferred is that it's currently expired. There is no longer a single transfer limit. There are other reasons this value can be set to "no".
Good to know... I've got one that has been sitting fallow for a while now. Was not aware the single transfer had been removed, and am happy to see that it was!

Top Bottom