Access Masks when Importing

Michael

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, when importing from vbulletin do all forum permissions and access masks get imported too, does XenForo have a similar function to the access masks in vbulletin, I think it might be the private forum feature but I am not sure but my main question is will these be imported for each user? If not at the moment, will this be implemented in the future as we rely on access masks at the moment and will soon enough be importing :)

Thank you.

Access masks are not imported. I just confirmed this. It looks to me like all permissions are imported except access masks. This would make a good suggestion.

xenForo does support access masks, though it doesn't call them access masks:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Node Permissions -> [click a forum]

Screen shot 2010-12-01 at 7.50.51 PM.webp

With vBulletin it was always recommended to not use access masks. But if you did use them, they are not imported as far as I know? You'd have to re-add those. You can still do user-permissions with xf.

Has this been added in, the ability to import access masks from VB to user based permissions in VF? Do they really need to be added per user? I have a site I am considering moving over to XF but they rely heavily on access masks (you can't make a feature and recommend people don't use it!)

Anyway, we have hundreds of users with very specific access masks for specific forums, and we want to move over to XF.

While you can load 1500 forums, yes, I would expect some performance challenges in certain areas out of the box (think about pages like the forum list). You may need to do some custom development to fit your needs.

Top Bottom