XF 1.4 Absolute URLs with xenforo

musictomy

I would like to use absolute links within some areas of forum, mainly say testing so that when I restore Forum configuration all links are correct.

is there a way of doing this please

I think your terminology may be back to front. An absolute link (URL) is fixed and depends on having the exact same domain name as the site. However a relative link would be one that does not include the domain name and would work irrespective of the domain name (provided that they are always from the same directory level)

So the absolute examplesite.com - This website is for sale! - example site Resources and Information. will always work provided the page /community/help/ is on examplesite.com - This website is for sale! - example site Resources and Information. - but if you change your forum URL you need to change examplesite.com - This website is for sale! - example site Resources and Information. to http://examplenewsite.com/

But the relative /community/help/ will allow you to change your forum URL and still work, but would not work if the link is in a deeper or higher subdirectory.

Seems you can't have it both ways.

The ideal would be if there was a way to use the server path

Top Bottom