Not a bug  About the 'Someone has Quoted' Alerts

KURTZ

guys, i've noticed that these alerts need a quicker cronjob ... too many times it happens that it shows me the notification when i've already replied in a thread (where a my post was quoted) ... i think which there is a synchronism trouble ... feed-backs?

It's a completely different system - if someone quotes you, it will notify you, regardless of read state.

It's a completely different system - if someone quotes you, it will notify you, regardless of read state.

Can we please have an opt out? I know some people care about when people quote them, but for me, it's annoying.

Can we please have an opt out? I know some people care about when people quote them, but for me, it's annoying.

Something like this would be a plus. I have it set to watch whatever threads I reply to, so if someone quotes me I'm going to read it anyway as I would get an alert for someone posting into the thread too.

That option will be coming when I figure out a good approach to allow members to opt in and out of the alerts they choose.

It would be absolutely fantastic if admins could set the default options for users when they sign up. It might even be better if admins could disable some options depending on how flexible the system is, with every option a user has, it adds another dimension of complexity.

Something like this would be a plus. I have it set to watch whatever threads I reply to, so if someone quotes me I'm going to read it anyway as I would get an alert for someone posting into the thread too.

personally i think that the question is simple: if i need to know if someone has already quoted me, obviously, i need to get the notification before that i read that post ... but, if this isn't the idea i can't do anything ... :)

It might be awesome if there were no alerts for things that could be found via reading subscribed threads.

I do understand that the alerts are incredibly powerful, but all my members read what they are subscribed to (if it is still of interest), so I am unclear what the alerts do to benefit the end user in those cases.

You do get the notification before you read that post. It comes in as their post is submitted. If you're not seeing the alert, then it must be down to caching on your end.

You do get the notification before you read that post. It comes in as their post is submitted. If you're not seeing the alert, then it must be down to caching on your end.

If you are replying to my post #9, I meant people will continue to read threads via watch threads, and alerts caused by other people posting into watched threads, from my point of view don't seem to add functionality for the end user (please don't take offense).

If alerts were only set up for things that are unaffiliated with posting to watched threads, they might be of more interest. Trophy points, PC notices, 'likes', etc. In theory that could be an elegant way to sort out other content such as new blog comments (when blogs are implemented) when people are watching for new blog comments on a certain blog, without cluttering up the Watched Threads.

Top Bottom